Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Civicman830 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Honda civic
    My 90 honda civic lx 1.5 twin turbo with intake and cat back exaust won't turn over... it just clicks when I hit the key. I replaced the starter.. still just clicks... checked relays and fuses... im lost please help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2006, 05:59 PM
    If the "clicking" is from the starter solenoid, I suspect it is bad and needs to be disassembled, cleaned, repaired, and reinstalled on the starter. Otherwise, buy a new solenoid. Before doing any of this, ensure battery is fully charged and terminals are clean and tight, ensure main ground is corrosion free, and ensure starter solenoid terminals are corrosion free.

If, what you are saying is, main relay clicks, Check Engine Light stays on, engine cranks but won't start, can't hear the fuel pump run, and no spark, then you probably have a bad ECM.
    igodeep15vx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Yeah
    civic racer 94 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Civicman830
    my 90 honda civic lx 1.5 twin turbo with intake and cat back exaust wont turn over....it just clicks when i hit the key. i replaced the starter..still just clicks...checked relays and fuses...im lost please help
    Sounds like one of your muffler bearings is bad maybe even a glow plug

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 honda civic ex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I have an 94 civic ex and it's giving me problems and the problem is that when I shift gear and go (happens on every gear) then its making this sound from the engin and plus the car is'nt picking up speed like not enough airflow going though or burning gas so I think my trans bad or clucth is...

91 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic 4 door sedan dx. I just replaced the rotor and distributor cap and now the car won't start. First I checked multiple times to be sure I had the firing order correct. I then read the thread written by CroCivic91 and checked my ECU codes. I got a 10 and 16. The 16 sounds...

91 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

Engine runs rough - a lack of power but not a hard miss - until engine warms up but car must sit for at least 18 hrs. 170,000 miles. Replaced plugs, cap rotor - no help. Distributor shaft has minor oil leak allowing oil to get inside of cap - maybe related.

Honda Civic Dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what the size of speakers are in the front are rear on a honda civic dx 1991

Honda Civic 95 [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have a civic that every time I put the break the dashboard light comes on is that normal?

View more questions Search