Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peacekelsey Posts: 33, Reputation: 6
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello sal:

Hell no. Not at all.

I was sitting with my date, the other night, pushing the thing around spelling out how much she secretly wanted to make love to me..

Then she hit me over the head with that damn ouija board.

excon
    OMG that is the best answer yet! HAHA
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekelsey View Post
    . . . just b/c you don't believe in spirits or ouija boards doesn't mean they are reality to others. ;)
    I agree. ;)
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I totally believe this about your mother. That makes perfect sence. Her energy never dies and it spoke to you in a private manner that was just between you two because of the love you have for each other. Being spooked by someone over a summons at a game with a board is just absurdity.

We are from a scottish background too, but so far, no super natural stuff going down.
    tick
    [/QUOTE]

Cozyk- So I'm getting from you that you do believe in spirits.. from you saying that energy never dies... which is our souls... and some do remain earth bound therefore this is what we call 'ghosts' or 'spirits'. So really, you're just saying you don't believe in ouija boards because it's primarily used and marketed as a game... I understand you now completely. But, I do feel that 'sensitives' can make contact. Not everyone. I've never made contact... but have heard of many who could.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Cozyk- So I'm getting from you that you do believe in spirits.. from you saying that energy never dies... which is our souls... and some do remain earth bound therefore this is what we call 'ghosts' or 'spirits'. So really, you're just saying you don't believe in ouija boards because it's primarily used and marketed as a game... I understand you now completely. But, I do feel that 'sensitives' can make contact. Not everyone. I've never made contact... but have heard of many who could.
    [/QUOTE]
    Right, I believe that people you had a connection with in this life can contact you by way of dreams, or just thoughts or feelings that enter your heart or head. They may even leave signs. I don't think they have to remain "earthbound" to do it. Earth is just an illusion when you are a spirit, not a place any more than you go to a "place" when your human experience is done.

I don't think spirits are just hanging out waiting to be called on in a séance or ouija board game. Just waiting on someone to pull out the old Milton Bradley so they can come on board (no pun intended) and reek havoc because their souls are not at peace or whatever. I don't believe they literally appear before us in their old bodies or some ghost buster image. I don't believe they try to scare us by blowing out candles without a breesz, or make doors slam, or mess with you physically.

I believe in soul to soul connections. I think James Prague has something real going on. That Sylvia Browne comes off as a total kook to me. When she was on Montel every Wed. she could give definitive absolute answers to 100% of the questions ask of her. Not 99.9% but 100%. And the people just ate it up. "When am I going to meet my true love?"
    She'd say something like, "next April, and his name will be John". And they would be like, "oh thank you very much Sylvia!". Why does someone not ask her who killed Jon Benet Ramsey or where Natalie Holloway is. I wonder if she would still be answering with 100% certainty. It made me lose all respect for Montel and his gullible audience members.
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Right, I believe that people you had a connection with in this life can contact you by way of dreams, or just thoughts or feelings that enter your heart or head. They may even leave signs. I don't think they have to remain "earthbound" to do it. Earth is just an illusion when you are a spirit, not a place any more than you go to a "place" when your human experience is done. I don't think spirits are just hanging out waiting to be called on in a séance or ouija board game. Just waiting on someone to pull out the old Milton Bradley so they can come on board (no pun intended) and reek havoc because their souls are not at peace or whatever. I don't believe they literally appear before us in their old bodies or some ghost buster image. I don't believe they try to scare us by blowing out candles without a breesz, or make doors slam, or mess with you physically.I believe in soul to soul connections.
    [/QUOTE]

I can understand that. I believe a bit differently, but we think much alike. ;) I believe that most spirits go back to wherever our starting place is... and can contact us like you said through soul to soul but also believe they can do things around the house (such as blow out candles) . I also believe that those spirits are coming to check on us and to let us know that everything will be OK, and that we're loved.

However, I believe that there are many spirits that remain earthbound. Not waiting to be discovered, but because they don't yet know they're dead, or have unfinished business and don't want to go. They also say many won't go "to the light" because they're afraid of "judgment day." Many of these spirits died tragically, and never really had that time of acceptance.

I also believe that all people have the ability to be psychic and/or a medium... I mean there is a huge percent of our brain that we don't use... why don't we have more than 6 senses and why would only certain people have those abilities but not all. After saying that, I do not believe that ALL medium/psychics are real. :eek: I know, what a shock! But yea, many of them are complete fakes like you said and just are there for the fame and fortune. A true medium is out there to genuinely help others contact there loved ones.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 01:00 AM

Because something did not happen to you ,whoever you are ,you can not say with any conviction it did not happen to someone else.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 01:03 AM

Who is bringing up a tread from February?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 05:47 PM

Hello Peace:

Well, if you're tired of getting that, you're really going to be tired of getting this.

excon
    -

Dec 8, 2009, 05:53 PM

Well aren't you a pleasant person. Just can't wrap my mind around why an 'expert' would be so crude. But whatever helps you sleep at night.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Well aren't you a pleasant person. Just can't wrap my mind around why an 'expert' would be so crude. But whatever helps you sleep at night.
    And I'd like to know why a new person on the board would be so rude to an expert - particularly an expert who has posted so many times.

And, by the way - until you're a moderator you get to choose when a thread is closed.. and/or when you get bored with the answers.

Please read the rules of the site.
    -

Dec 8, 2009, 06:17 PM

I didn't feel that was that rude. Ok lets gang up on me now.
    -

Dec 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Also I'm not new to this board.. I haven't been here since Feb. You know, when we STOPPED talking about this. I don't need this from you guys. I've done nothing wrong. Please remember you're experts and are to set an example...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Also I'm not new to this board..I haven't been here since Feb. You know, when we STOPPED talking about this. I don't need this from you guys. I've done nothing wrong. Please remember you're experts and are to set an example.....

You did the attacking - I still find your comment to Excon ("Well aren't you a pleasant person. Just can't wrap my mind around why an 'expert' would be so crude. But whatever helps you sleep at night.") to be remarkably rude... and unnecessary, whether you're an "old timer" with 34 posts to your credit or not.

I didn't realize experts are "here" to set an example. I thought we were here because for one reason or another we are experts, here to give advice.

I don't attempt to control the board. I don't think you should either - but, just like Cozyk has an opinion, so do I.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 07:42 PM

Well I am here and do have the authority to first close this silly thread that should not have been re-opened anyway

And second to give a warning to peace for her rude behavior
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2009, 08:19 PM

Comments on this post Peacekelsey disagrees: How about this for your ing warning. OFF>>>>>

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Second, let me call your attention to the rules on this site about using vulgarity.

You've received one warning, next time will result in banning.

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ouija boards [ 34 Answers ]

Hi I have heard different stories on ouija boards my question is are ouija boards dangerous can you help me please

T safe Coil and thrush? T safe problems? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:I had c t safe coil fitted back in may. I have had thrush since, anyone evr had thise from the tsafe?? Please let me know of any other problems you have had with this device?? :confused:

Ouija boards and bad stuff [ 9 Answers ]

I've been doing casual research on ouija boards recently. Frankly, Im appalled by the controversy this stirs up. So my question goes out to all the people on these boards who have said ouija boards are no good... Do you have specific examples? Can you give a personal experience? It seems to...

Ouija board [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the prayer for the ouija board can anyone help me?

View more questions Search