Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorijorgensen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Breeding
    If My Pitbull tied with my golden retriever and then the next day tied with a lab what would the pups be. Is it possible to have pups from both the GR and Lab?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 21, 2006, 06:57 AM
    May I suggested spay or neuter

This morning alone there were 109,248 Dog along looking for a home, on a site called Petfindermany will be euthanize because they can not find a home.

National Stats
    The sad fact is once a puppy is past its cuteness; or a dog displays behaviors we don't know how to deal with, many canines are discarded like old newspapers. On average 100,000dogs and puppies are listed on www.petfinder.com, daily. It is reported by the National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy, from the 5000 or so US agencies who responded to the survey, that over 2 million dogs enter shelters annually. Of those 27% are relinquished by owners, 42% are turned in by animal control, 31 by other sources, of these dogs, 56% are euthanized.
    kriskstar Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Maybe you'll have the ultra hybrid "Golden LabraBull". For real though spay that pit bull. Don't let the good genes of a Pit get tainted by the genes of a Golden Retriever or Lab :p
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Aug 30, 2006, 09:00 PM
    If only it were more common, better yet required, to spay/neuter morons.
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Aug 31, 2006, 08:11 AM
    We got a lab puppy years ago for free because they had bred a full lab male with a full lab female, yet some of the puppies had white feet and other non-lab traits. But others looked all lab. The vet told us that it is possible for a littler to have 2 "fathers".
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Sep 1, 2006, 01:04 AM
    Dunno is right. One of my dogs, an English Setter, got unintentionally let out loose one day, before she was fixed. (No, I wasn't the "moron" that did it. :)) To make a long story short, she had four puppies. Two were half Rottweiler, two were half Yellow Lab. Some interesting combinations to be sure.
    MrsLenz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskstar
    maybe you'll have the ultra hybrid "Golden LabraBull". for real though spay that pit bull. dont let the good genes of a Pit get tainted by the genes of a Golden Retriever or Lab :p
    I have a YELLOW LABRABULL she is the sweetest dog! Not a tainted mixture. Her mom was a pure red nosed pit and her dad a yellow lab. She is Layla the cutest puppy. Well cutest dog now she is a big girl at only 12 weeks! I say if you want the puppies have them but don't make puppies you do not intend on keeping if no one else wants them!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Perhaps MrsLenz, you are thrilled with your puppy, but do you know if the rest of the litter found homes? I don't want to be negative, but all real dog lovers feel as Jennapbt and Lillfrye do. It distresses us that millions of dogs are slaughtered every year for lack of homes. I also see no good reason to dig up threads over a year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Breeding Question [ 7 Answers ]

I have a really weird question that I hope someone can help with. How long does a male have to be on the female in order to do his thing? How long should we leave the male and female together? Last but not least, when will we know that the female has been bred?

Breeding Daschunds [ 1 Answers ]

I have a female and a male standard. I want to breed them, but I was told by the Vet that because they are in the same house together all the time she will not let him. It must be true, because she just sits down and will NOT. I am going to do it artificial. Can you tell me what the normal amount...

Breeding question [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got a 5 month old black lab from a breeder. The breeder came recommended from a colleague that also got a lab from the same litter. Tiko which is my dog was pick of the litter by the breeder who kept him for his son to raise so he could use him as a stud later on. It so hhappened that...

View more questions Search