Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james mugabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Is aiu accredited
    Hi, am james mugabe, a zimbabwean, I would like to find out if the atlantic international university is an accredited higher learning institution, and whether their on-line mba programme is valid especially in the sense of their scholarship offers i.e. one pays the registration before hand, without them checking any authenticated copies of ones qualifications?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Feb 2, 2009, 09:46 AM
    I went to their website, and no they are not accredited. Not in the United States. I'd look into another online university if I were you. Also, if you are planning to go to another school after getting a degree from any institution, ask that school if they will take the credits from the first school. I kind of got burned by going to a trade school, who assured me that my credits would transfer, only to find out that they didn't, to my local community college. Try searching for online universities and see if any are accredited. Best of luck!
    onlinehelpdesk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 06:35 AM

According to AIU Online's website they are in fact a regionally accredited online college. AIU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission's North Central Association. I looked them up on the HLC website and it says their accreditation is valid.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Aug 1, 2009, 09:53 PM

Like I said, NST/Everest/Corinthian college is accredited according to the Corinthian website. They just refuse to say by whom. When I decided that I needed to go a different direction in life, I enrolled at the local college, Miami Dade. I tried to carry over some courses that would have gotten me out of a few core classes, but they said that they didn't accept anything from them, because they are not "properly" accredited.
    I can start a business, start accrediting these schools, and they can say "accredited by the Big Bopper accrediting agency and car repair." Doesn't mean a thing. What matters is accreditation from a Department of Education acknowledged agency. Otherwise forget it.
    junbama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 06:07 AM
    These days it is who you know to get a job & not what you know. Education is global and not only licenced by American. Otherwise that would be neo-colonialism. American and most universities take advantage of accreditation to over-charge & "steal" poor students' money when actually most countries don't even bother on the quality of American degrees. In Devlping countries an average degree may cost like 3000. US$ for entire 3-4 yrs & when you know how to get by you can get am MA anywhere after your first degree in any english speaking country or any other language depending on your colonial masters. This so-called accreditation is no licence for getting a job anywhere. Its just good for transfer & it doesn't ern you more than that. Otherwise many "bill gates" would never be recorginized. Having said this, don't just enroll in a phony University that will steal your money and they disappear. Any genuine University accredited or not must have a physical address and local telephone number & must display an operational licence for that country. When these aer lacking. Just raise red flags. Accreditation is not necessarily the point. What is great is actual location, facilities & genuine education. From poor countries students come out of poor cheap universities with genuine degrees and they end up in post-graduate studies & graduate studies in the so-called rich countries. So stop using accreditation as a gimmick to overcharge & exploit your students. How can a BA degree cost 20,000 or 30,000 US$. Is this really rite? Then how much would an MA cost? This is a capitalist trick to keep citizens as slaves to loans. I graduated from USA with an MA after my BA in a developing country. If I did a BA in USA I would be in 60,000 US$ loan. Thanks to my father who thought rite for me to return to US after my BA in a cheap country. Wake up and see how these schools are stealing your money. Education is USA, Canada & England is more epensive than buying a house. Does the whole world depend on these countries education? Its good but not worth that money. In few yrs these Universities may lose out to cheaper countries. They will outsource education like other companies. Wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is ITU accredited? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I want to know whether ITU (International Technological University) is accredited or not? This university is in Sunnyvale, CA. How can I find out about any university whether it is accredited or not before applying to it? Thanks

An Accredited Online Ged? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction as to an accredited online GED? I just don't want to pay someone that is not legit. Please and Thank you Don

Is Almeda University accredited? [ 5 Answers ]

Is Almeda University simply a Degree Mill or does it have any value? Accreditations etc. Advice is appreciated. Thanks

Is this school accredited and by who? [ 7 Answers ]

I am attending University of Phoenix online is this school accredited and by who? Where can I look to see where they are credited with.

Accredited? Orthodoxy? What value? [ 4 Answers ]

Since I don't want to be accused of driving the other thread away from its theme I will ask my question here. What is the benefit of a theologian being accredited if that same theologian approves and instigates cruel punishments such as burning alive, torture to get confessions, persecutions,...

View more questions Search