Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marco1551 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Marine AC problem
    I have a self contained 6000 BTU marine ac that trips the circuit breaker about 2 seconds after the compressor kicks on. So far I've changed the compressor, the breaker,the hard start capacitor and sent the circuit boards out to be checked. If I disconnect the hard start capacitor from the compressor start wire, I can touch the start wire to any hot wire on the buss bar for a split second at the moment the compressor kicks on and then the ac will run fine and gets ice cold. When the thermostat is satisfied the compressor kicks off but it trips the breaker when it tries to kick on again. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this problem. Thanks

Marco
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Aug 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Make sure the capacitor is rated correctly(MFD) for the compressor starting amps and of course, voltage...
    marco1551 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did check the capacitor and it's correct and the same one as the original.
    LionsforLambs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
    Heads Up Marco: Need a lot more info like: What's the machine's RLA(Run Load Amp) and cross-check that with the circuit breaker ampacity... and why is is tripping the breaker directly and not the disconnect nearer the unit?. unless it's a plug-and-play? Also I have a question for you if I may?
    gentech109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Unhook the water pump from circuit board see if it trips breaker pump could be bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marine officer or enlisted man? [ 7 Answers ]

I need some advice from people who are not connected with just a recruitment office. My son is graduating in a few weeks from college with a degree in Arabic and Middle Eastern Politics. He studied in Egypt at the American University in Cairo, and worked in Morocco for a SUNY program in the...

How do I start a marine tank? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, me and my boyfriend would like to start up a marine fish tank, but we wouldn't no where to start we have checked on the web and have found it quite confusing with all the stuff on there, dose anyone no what we would need to start one up?? Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this ...

Bearings in marine machinery [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly can any one give me details of types of bearings used in marine machinery

Marine law [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am doing my masters in southampton uk and ia m working on an assingnment on a collision case between the tricolor and kariba which took place in dec 2002 in english channel.please could you send them the links about the case study and insurance on the vessel and cargo...

View more questions Search