Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodi278 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 10:18 AM
    No hot water in shower after replacing faucet
    We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any ideas? No other issues with hot water in the house.

Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 8, 2006, 03:12 PM
    " As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any ideas?"
    Yes, When you replaced the shower valve you disturbed some crud built uo on the pipe walls and the shower valve sucked it uo into the inlet ports of the hotwater side of the cartridge. Happens all the time on faucet replacements. Shut the water off, open uo the shower valve and clear the inlet ports on the cartridge. Before you reassemble the shower valve turn the hot water back on and flush out the supply pipe. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When sink faucet on shower water pressure returns [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. Looking for help on returning hot water pressure to my shower. I've replaced cartridge and verified that there is no clog at masterbath shower. I was able to do this by turning on masterbath faucet and seeing that full hot water pressure was returned to shower. Also the faucet...

Replacing top-mount compression faucet. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi: I am going to try (first-ever attempt) to replace my top-mount compression faucet (4" Centerset) in the bathroom sink. Anybody have a good set of instructions and/or tips? I have already sprayed WD-40 to the lock nuts under the sink since they are extremely rusted... planning on keeping...

Replacing vanity faucet nightmare! [ 8 Answers ]

I started thinking I could replace the faucets easily. Instructions were to shut off water from the shut off valve. I thought I closed both but still had hot water coming through. (This was last Saturday). We were home most of Sunday and Monday morning but then went out of town. We returned...

Replacing bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my bathroom faucet but can't get the water supply line to stop leaking on the hot water side. It's a copper pipe and the cold water side hooked back up with no problems. Please help.

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

View more questions Search