Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stovkay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Can I become emancipated, or can my mom sign this paper?
    I'm 16 and pregnant. I live in Georgia. Can I become emancipated? How could I become emancipated?

My parents have joint custody but I don't live with my dad I don't talk to him and I don't see him. Can my mom sign temporery custody over to my boyfriends dad without my dads signature?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 06:51 AM

Why do you want to? Can you prove you can support yourself and maintain your schooling?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 07:04 AM

No, in GA you can not be automatically emancipated because you give birth.

And it depends on the custody agreement, since this would change child support orders, your mom and dad both would have to pay child support to the person with custody,
    But your dad would have a right to file for custody if your mom wishes to give her rights up.

Your mom could sign for you to get married ( not that I like that idea) to the boyfriend, ( unless court order says both have to agree for major choices) and then when you are married, you are emancipated.
    Of course you still can not sign for any legal document in GA and would have to have a parent sign for you.

But what is the issue of living at home, you live at home, have the baby, and go to school till you are old enough IF you are that in love with boyfriend, you keep dating and when both of you are old enough, you get married.

Also note how old is boyfriend if he is 17 or older, and you are 16, mom or dad can file charges of rape against the boy, in GA they get at least 3 years in prison and are a sex offender list for the rest of their life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHo can levy my social security disabily benefits I was made to sign a paper [ 2 Answers ]

Who can levy my social security disabilaty? I was told I had to sign a paper to pay money back to the Ramsey CO. WELFARE office in order for me to receive benefits. I have worked my whole life and I needed some help I don't think this is Fare. HELP!:(

LexmarkX6570 Paper jam display with no paper jam [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I cannot get the paper jam error to clear - I have unplugged the printer, rebooted by laptop and still the error keeps appearing. There is no paper in the machine and the path is clear of any paper. Any assistance would be very helpful! Thank you.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I am so confused [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend left me almost a month ago, and I have been giving her space. Haven't called, text, or msged her in that month. Then one day she called me at first but I missed her call so I called her back and she said she called me by accident so I said oh OK, and then we hung up like nothing ever...

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

View more questions Search