Ask
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Feb 1, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Why did hannibal.
    Why did hannibal conquer rome?
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 08:28 PM

He didn't. He retreated from Italy and was decisively beaten at the battle of Zama in North Africa.

Feb 1, 2009, 08:39 PM

OK so why did he try to conquer rome?
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 09:02 PM

Is this question related to a homework assignment?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoue View Post
    Is this question related to a homework assignment?
    Questions like this always make me chuckle. Back in the day when people still used pencils, we trudged off (or begged parents for a ride) to the public library with those pencils and a stack of note cards to dig into reference books and encyclopedias for answers. Now students use computers to ask US homework questions when Wikipedia et al. are at their fingertips.

Feb 1, 2009, 09:12 PM

First I can't find it, 2nd no its not I just wanted to tell my teacher how. Isn't this website for advice? Then why is it such a big deal to ask for help? Geez people now a day can be a tad rude.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Questions like this always make me chuckle. Back in the day when people still used pencils, we trudged off (or begged parents for a ride) to the public library with those pencils and a stack of note cards to dig into reference books and encyclopedias for answers. Now students use computers to ask US homework questions when Wikipedia et al. are at their fingertips.
    I remember those days well. Can't help but feel that something's been lost.

Feb 1, 2009, 09:27 PM

That has nothing to do with my question really.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana52408 View Post
    first i can't find it, 2nd no its not i just wanted to tell my teacher how. isnt this website for advice? then why is it such a big deal to ask for help? geez people now a day can be a tad rude.
    It's all there in Wikipedia under "Hannibal." You could also Google Hannibal and get tons of web sites.

Then you have to read. Then you have to figure out what it says (take notes). It's all about Hannibal's brother-in-law and a certain treaty with a rising nation called Carthage and about how Hannibal got into the situation and how both Carthage and Rome decided each other broke the treaty. Then it gets exciting.

This web site is for advice -- to help you with problems with a relationship or a job or a parent or a disease or DSL -- but not to do your homework for you. It's a site rule.
    sammy1940 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Hannibal wanted to conquer Rome to eliminate a great rival who had humiliated Carthage in the first Punic war 264-241 BC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search