Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Best Way To Become a Travel Agent
    I'm 22 and have been in college for a few years now. Mostly taking your basic general studies classes. Changed my career path... I originally was planning on going for history and this past summer I decided I wanted a job in the travel industry. In October I started at a technical school that has a 2 year travel and tourism program.

I know now for sure that I would like work for a travel agency and maybe down the line eventually start my own agency. I sometimes wonder though how much I really need this schooling for the job. I know more education always looks better. Some of the classes could probably be really helpful, but other ones I feel are a waste. The school costs a good deal of money and I get scared that I'm wasting time and money when I could already be looking for a job.

I was wondering if there were any travel agents out there who might like to share how they got started in the business and how they feel is the most successful way to go about it.
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 12:17 PM

Check out this travel agent business opportunity. If you have questions - click Contact Us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online vs travel agent [ 4 Answers ]

We are thinking about taking our vacation to the Caribbean (maybe Mexico) is better to book on our own or go with a travel agent? And not just price wise but also safety and problems? Is it overrated booking with an agent? Also all inclusive or not?

Travel Agent for a Weekend Getaway? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently trying to plan a weekend getaway for my girlfriend and I. I am planning this getaway for sometime in January of 09. I know almost exaclty what I want for this weekend but am having trouble serfing and filtering the web to find exactly what I am looking for. Expedia, Hotels.com etc......

Travel agent 1099-Misc [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am a self-employed travel agent. I work through a "host" agency, through which I do my bookings. I received a 1099 from my host agency with my commissions on it. Obviously, I treat this as business income. I booked a trip for 2 teachers to accompany students to a competition. The...

View more questions Search