Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JTS31708 Posts: 128, Reputation: 9

Feb 22, 2009, 08:41 PM

Well we talked and it made me feel a lot better at least she said everything she has been wanting to say a lot of it made sense most of it I still don't get but whatever she will realize it later.. I said what I had to say a lot of it stuff she will probably be questioning herself later on. We both teared up a little when we talked. She said she wanted to be friends for now or at least to the point where we can say hi to each other.. Later that night we someohow ended going up to the same bowling alley I was with my friends she was with hers. I don't think it was a coincidence because on my myspace I put going to the bowling alley and I have a feeling she saw it and decided well lets go see how he is. It was very awkward seeing each other there so I just said hi and she gave me a little hug and that was it I didn't talk to her or nothing. She seemed confused and shy. They left because of the wait( even though there really wasn't one at all) she texted me when she left saying how weird and ironic it was and that they were going to go to the movies instead and told me to have fun I replied very short worded. 3 hours later she texted me before she went to bed (it was 12:30am) saying " Dont ever change! your the best! and im sorry! i just want everything to be ok." I wanted to reply with a smart answer saying if I'm the best why did you leave me lol but I just left it at that with no response and haven't said a thing to her since that day. Did I do the right thing?

Sorry for it being so long lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Under the circumstances, what else could you do? What you do next is probably more important.

Feb 22, 2009, 09:07 PM

That's very true! I just wanted to know if I did the right thing. In the beginnign she said she gave me chances to change by helping out around the house because I was lazy which was true and also to get a job and she felt like I wasn't listening or didn't take her seriously that's why she broke it off with me. But I tried my best looking and looking but nothing happened.

Feb 22, 2009, 09:11 PM
    I just want to know if I'm doing the right thing so far and if I did the right thing that night by not texting her back when she sent me that text" Don't ever change! You're the best! And I'm sorry! I just want everything to be OK.

I just still feel like there is no one that will compare to her at times I don't think about her because I'm with my friends but she always pops into my head everyday somehow. Memories, songs, my room, car, places we go to everything I still feel down inside and still just have some hope of one day we get back. But in the meantime I'm going to try to not let it bother me. She said when she feels 100% with herself first we could then probably give it another try. But I'm not going to wait aroudn for her
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Feb 22, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS31708 View Post
    I just want to know if im doing the right thing so far and if i did the right thing that night by not texting her back when she sent me that text" Dont ever change! your the best! and im sorry! i just want everything to be ok.

I just still feel like there is no one that will compare to her at times i dont think about her because im with my friends but she always pops into my head everyday somehow. Memories, songs, my room, car, places we go to everything i still feel down inside and still just have some hope of one day we get back. But in the meantime im gonna try to not let it bother me. She said when she feels 100% with herself first we could then probably give it another try. But im not going to wait aroudn for her
    Everyone feels that way if the relationship matters to them. Don't in the slightest expect that she will ever come back. It's not because you were a horrible person and she regrets the time spent with you. It just wasn't what she needed for her life - and you can't change your fundamental being, and neither would you want to.

Feb 23, 2009, 10:58 AM

What does that really even mean though? "Dont ever change! You're the best and I'm sorry! I just want everything to be OK. What is that even supposed to mean?
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:33 AM

She is saying anything she can to try and convince you to be her friend. Once you do, that is where you will stay... the Friend Zone. It will be fairly awkward anytime you hang out with her as long as you still have ANY feelings for her(which it seems you do).

What does that really even mean though? "Don't ever change! You're the best and I'm sorry! I just want everything to be OK. What is that even supposed to mean?
    Just go back to doing what you were doing before. As you can see (we all can see), you're confused again. You are latching on to every last word she said to you when you saw her and are trying to analyze them for any shreds of hope that she wants you back.

STOP. She only feeding you crumbs to keep you wondering and interested. Time to go back to doing your own thing. You are not ready to forge any type of friendly relationship with this girl, because your head and your heart cannot agree where to put her in your life, causing you to get confused and looking for any hope of reconciliation.
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Feb 23, 2009, 11:55 AM
    What does that really even mean though? "Dont ever change! Your the best and im sorry! I just want everything to be ok. what is that even supposed to mean?
    She's trying to tell you that she didn't break up with you because you were a bad person or that she stopped caring about you - she just lost faith in the relationship being what she needed in the present/long-term. She feels very guilty for having hurt someone she loves (although not "in love" with), and wants to know that you'll recover and not hate her (although hating the situation is fine).

As for friendship - you're not even close to the point of being ready for that. In fact, most of the ex-friendships that exist would barely qualify as that with other friends. Typically, it just means to people who can talk or cross paths occasionally and chat briefly about the mundane things in life without turning to goo. Contact won't be frequent, and you'll likely never be able to have a close relationship with "hang-outs" and the like.

Apr 16, 2009, 07:50 PM
    Broken up for about 3 months
    Me and my ex have been broken up for about 3 months now and every couple days she will text or IM me to see how I'm doing or what I'm doing. Sometimes I like that she still texts me and stuff like that but most of the time I get annoyed because it feels like she's giving me false hope! I put lyrics of a song on my away message and she thought that I was talking to another girl. And she replied on my aim saying (Anything that will keep you smiling! :) ) And I hope we can still be friends because I will never forget you! I just responded back saying I have to go to bed I have class in the morning goodnight. And she wrote back saying don't forget what I wrote you. I just keep thinking she's giving me false hope! After the 2nd month I really thought I was completely over her. But for some reason she keeps coming back into my head. I always wonder if she's talking to someone else or how she's doing. I am talking to a few girls but nothing serious now basically just flirting. I know it might sound stupid but I still hope that one day we can get back together because I know I treated her right and never did anything wrong.

Is there any advice any one has? Im basically asking what should I say to her from now on when she tries to text me or IM me online? I want to play hard to get but at the same time I want to get my mind off her so I won't keep feeling like this and hopefully she comes around some day.

Apr 16, 2009, 07:52 PM

But when she wrote " anything to keep you smiling" it seemed like she was happy but really nervous when she wrote it all and then asked me right after I hope we can still be friends because I will never forget you. I already agreed to being her friend before but she brought it up again. Its confusing
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 05:44 AM

So don't be her friend, for now. You owe her nothing, not a reply, not a smile, not a hello, and not a friendship. What you do owe, is to yourself, to not allow her messages and means of contact disturb your process of getting back to who you were/are going to be. Find a way to block her from your life for the time being so you can get back to being emotionally healthy.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Apr 17, 2009, 05:52 AM

kctigers right. Cutting the contact will help you heal and you won't be giving yourself false hope because of her actions.

Apr 17, 2009, 10:21 AM

This is also how I know she's jealous curious and worried because she IMed me on aim last night at like 12 at night she just said " I felt like saying hi" and put a <3. She never did that ever when we were going out or not even when we broke up she never was up that late just to say hi. Plus she had class early in the morning. Now I know she's curious and is afraid of losing me completley so I'm going to keep it like this for the time being and better myself up.

Apr 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Thanks so far for the advice! I guess I just want to be able to have more control over this situation so I can feel better and see where it takes me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Thanks so far for the advice! I guess i just want to be able to have more control over this situation so i can feel better and see where it takes me.
    The only way you will have control is if you TAKE control. Block her where you can, and don't reply. If you see her in person, don't talk to her or even look at her, but just walk or turn away and move your body elsewhere. She is dangling you like a little puppet. Stop being one.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 11:01 AM

The more you talk to her, the more you reset the healing process. You say you broke up for 3 months, but in reality, your healing only starts when you've cut contact with her.

May 3, 2009, 04:12 PM

Update! Ive told my ex that I can't have her text me or call me anymore for a while because I told her it feels like she is giving me false hope and I can't heal or anything. So I told her to give me time and she agreed. A week later which was yesterday she texted me saying "I miss you" I didn't text back because my phone was dying. The next morning I wake up to a text saying I truly want us to be friends I can't just not have you be in my life I miss you and you are very special to me. I wrote I'm not ignoring you I just told you I need time. She eneded up responding back saying "But I don't want to damn it I f... ing miss talking too you, seeing you everything its been 3 months and it has killed me and been hard on me to I just never showed it or talked to anyone about it I kept it inside for too long. (Sorry for this being long lol its almost done) I ended up responding saying I don't know what you want from me it sounds like you want to be friends or do you want to be more? After about 30 min she said friend, I don't know I don't know what I want I just want to be okay! Then I said we are. And it kept going back and fourth not getting anywhere she would reply you sure? I said yes I just told you.. and the last thing she responded saying was I miss you a lot! And I haven't responded back yet. I don't know what she wants from me she sounds like she can't make up her mind and everything I write won't finish anything. Am I doing the write thing by talking to her what should I do any advice?

Thanks and sorry for it being so long!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Am I doing the write thing by talking to her
    No.
    what should I do any advice?
    We told you what to do. Did you listen? No. Will you listen to us? No.

May 3, 2009, 04:20 PM

Its been 3 months I have taken the advice giving to me and it helped I'm pretty much over her its just now she can't stand me not talking to her and wants me either back or as a friend but I think she's doing it because she feels guilty and wants herself to feel better that why I said I don't know what to do I don't know what she wants from me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2009, 04:27 PM
    its been 3 months i have taken the advice givin to me and it helped im pretty much over her its just now she can't stand me not talking to her and wants me either back or as a friend but i think shes doing it because she feels guilty and wants herself to feel better that why i said i dont know what to do i dont know what she wants from me
    So be her friend. See where that takes you.

We ALL know what she wants from you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend is confused and needs space but does not want to break up.I'm lost [ 13 Answers ]

Ok gang, so it was NYE and my girlfriend came over upset about the tanning salon being closed and got more upset by the fact that my friends bailed to go to the bars instead of the party we were going to. My gf's best friend was also driving up for the party and my girlfriend says she either wanted...

Girlfriend wants a break, and I'm so lost [ 2 Answers ]

Here's some background information: My girlfriend and I are both 19, and have been together for two years, since the beginning of senior year in high school. We became "best friends" through playing music together before we actually started dating, we had a lot in common, and things have been...

Confused and lost [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: my mom meet a guy and well they are going to be getting married. So we moved to his place which I am not use the surroundings at all,new to me and I can't stand it. It had been a month and I decide I can't take it a anymore! I talk to my dad and he said that if I want to move with him I...

Lost and confused [ 11 Answers ]

Hi well I am 19 and have just split up from a 19 month relationship and I have had conflicting advice about what to do, I still love her and I don't know how she feels as she won't tell me can anyone give me advice on what to do please thank you if you can. Mat

View more questions Search