Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayaujla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Why do I hear water running in my pipes, in a hot water heating system?
    I have a hot water heating system and just recently , I am hearing water running in the pipes all the time.What could be causing this?
    Please help.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Most likely, air accumulation in the system. Purge radiant terminals with pump stopped, restart system and listen for noise. Repeat as necessary until noise stops.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Also check your boilers water pressure/altitude. When a boiler is short on the water pressure it will also cause the same problem and will not bleed correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to drain water from pipes with a steam heating system [ 6 Answers ]

There is water hammer in my in law's home how do I clear it up by draining the lines when they have a steam heating system

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

I can hear water running in my bathroom walll. What is the cause? [ 4 Answers ]

I can hear water running in my bathroomwall. What is the problem?

Noisy Pipes & Hot Water System Heating Rads! [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 problems with my CH system. Firstly when the hot water is turned on there is an awful lot of noise from the pipes. This sounds like a river rushing through the house. I can also hear the pump through the pipes. When I turn the pump down the noise is reduced but is still too noisy. This...

Vibrating (Banging) Water Pipes (Water Running) [ 2 Answers ]

When upstairs tub valve is opened for the first time in the evening, loud banging noise sometimes ensues from pipes. Banging is alleviated when supply is redirected to showerhead, or when water is turned off. Single-handle Pegasus (Home Depot) valve. No issues when supply is off (not "water...

View more questions Search