Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YoMike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 01:16 PM
    TV has blue haze
    I have a Sony Grand Wega LCD projection TV. In one corner of the screen there is a thick blue haze. It is concentrated in just one and fills up about 6in. On the horizontal part and about 6in. On vertical. What is the cause of this?
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Feb 1, 2009, 01:33 PM

I had the same thing happen to mine last year. It was the lighting board. (or something like that) I think it was around $700 to repair. If that's indeed what it is, it's not something you can do yourself.
    YoMike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrike View Post
    I had the same thing happen to mine last year. It was the lighting board. (or something like that) I think it was around $700 to repair. If that's indeed what it is, it's not something you can do yourself.
    Thanks for help but I really hope that isn't it. That be the case though, for 60 in. TV @ about 6 in. per mo. At least by the time It gets to where I can't see the pic I will have the ole taxes back. That's about the usual (3.5yrs) for a TV to last these days right? I can boost (LOL) the economy right by getting a crystal LCD by then.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Feb 2, 2009, 08:47 AM
    I have the 60" as well, it started in the lower right corner and spread up through the bottom and middle of the screen. It moved slow but it got to the point in a few months where it was un-watchable. As soon as the repair guy saw it he knew what the problem was, apparently there's an issue with the light processing board for the Sony's. He did the work right at my house and based on what I saw, unless you're trained in this, this is not a DIY repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue tablet put in tank of toilet, but no blue in the bowl [ 7 Answers ]

When a use a blue Vanish tablet in the tank of my toilet the water will not stay blue in the bowl. (No blue at all after flushing in one toilet, and only very light blue in another) I think this is because of the small tube that flows into the overflow tube goes directly into the bowl as clean, not...

Tile Sealing/Haze Remover [ 3 Answers ]

I just finished grouting my bathroom and now I have to seal the stone and use the haze remover... but I don't know which one I should do first?! Should I seal the stone/grout first or use the haze remover first? Thanks, Adam

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

View more questions Search