Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 8, 2006, 03:51 AM
    any good bands a lot like these...
    hey, I have been listening to good charlotte for the past year or so, on my 256mb mp3, and now I'm going to get a video iPod 60gb. So I decided to expand my music collection.

I just got some nirvana, my chemical romance, my bloody valentine and mudhoney songs, but none of them like good charloote, which is still my fave.

I want to find a band that is like good charlotte. Not in the punk rock way, like green day or yellowcard, simple plan, but with variety. I find green day too heavy for me. I guess I need a more pop sort of band.

I listened to my chemical romance, and it was rather heavy and violent lol. Any softer bands?

ty in advance, for helping this lost case... =P
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Aug 8, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Try some of these from:-

http://www.allmusic.com

New Found Glory
    Blink-182
    Sum 41
    Fenix TX
    FM Static
    Unwritten Law
    Story of the Year
    Alkaline Trio
    Alien Ant Farm
    Oleander
    Lit
    The Vandals
    Face to Face
    All
    NOFX
    Green Day
    American Hi-Fi
    Sugar Ray
    Civicman830 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Try the band aiden or blink 182 or even the red hot chili peppers...
    Thanks , andy

Aug 8, 2006, 11:06 PM
    K thanks, ill try them, by the way I'm very picky.

I found green day too hard and heavy (heavy chords)

Ill check them all out in time. Thanks a lot guys!
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 08:06 AM
    What about you try Blink182 like the other dude said.

Aug 12, 2006, 05:54 AM
    yep, when I get my bandwidth up lol! ^.^

I just got some muse and Butterfly Effect cds from my friend. Its his private collection and they sound pretty nice. I found that Muse has some similiarities to Good Charlotte, beneath its surface.

Their music are both kidna fast paced and full of variety. Not just straight rock with boring drum rolls and beats. But new guitar riffs, keyboard melodies and stuff. Plus they all have great song layouts. I don't know how to say it but their music seems to just flow, as if you've heard it before and you know wats going to coem next (chorus, chorusA (coda) verse, chords, melody, softer melody, layered explosion, etc... ).

Butterfly Effect is more straight rock with screaming (soft), much like nirvana in a way, except more dramatic.
    lindsey23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Here's a useful tip for finding new music:

Go to the iTunes music store. Look up an album that you love and then, on the right side, there will be a box that says, "Listeners also bought..." followed by a list of other albums that are popular with those who listen to the one you looked up. If Green Day is too heavy I might look up "So Long, Astoria" by The Ataris, although, if you like Good Charlotte, it might be too happy for you... ;) And "Welcome The Night," due for a release in January (FINALLY! I did confirm this personally with Kris Roe at a show) will probably be too dark, but hey, maybe you'll find something... Consider their older stuff too...

Sum 41, perhaps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new and oldcoach I have a question. Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? I'm 15 years old and I'm a sophomore and I been playing basketball for three years and this is my 2nd year playing J.V. girls basketball and I play small forward and guard and I really need help on my...

My Socks Stinks a lot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a new bie here all the way from kathmandu, Nepal and don't know whether I'm posting it in the right topic. My problem is my socks stinks a lot and it really letting me down. It is very sameful. Please help me what I suppose to do. What is it actually and how I can get rid of it?

View more questions Search