Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bedhead959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Skipping 8th grade
    When I was in the 6th grade, at the end of the year my teachers and parents decided that I should repeat the grade. However, being in 7th grade has not proven to be a challenge and I decide I would try and get into high school for the next year, but I have no idea what to do!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 07:23 PM

I would truly doubt you can go from needing to be held back to skipping a grade. But you would talk to your parents ( they have to approve) and you would have to talk to your school couseler with your parents and they would have to approve.

If you are now in 7th grade and have straight A's they may consider it
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 08:59 AM

As a fellow repeater of the 6th grade - I would echo Fr_Chuck's advise. You may not realize it yet, but you have been given an opportunity to excel academically, and as an older member of your class you have the advantage of a bit more maturity than your calssmates, which could really help your high school career. Speaking personally, I went from being an average 6th-grader academically, and probably a bit below average in the maturity department, to top of the class and better accepted socially. Once I repeated the 6th grade I was consistently in honors courses for math, english and science. I was able to make sports teams that I probably would not have otherwise, was a leader of the school band, and ultimately went on to an Ivy League University and graduated with honors. So make sure you are exceling academically (no excuse for not getting straight A's), get involved in extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, and the arts, and make the most of your 7th and 8th grade years.
    calebj0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 05:42 AM

If you really want to skip 8th grade then you'll have to learn how to do a lopt of equations!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I go to have my child tested for grade skipping? [ 10 Answers ]

Well,. I have an 13 year old daughter,and she feels that she is doing the same work very year,she is in the 8th grade,I wouldn't say she's an A honor roll student but she does make good grade.The question is where in Albany can I have my child tested to skip the 8th grade,and go on to bigger an...

Skipping Kindergarten [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 y/o (will be 5 Feb 09) that I have been told by her peditrician and by her preschool that she should be tested out of kindergarten as soon as possible. She has always been ahead not only academically but socially. Her cousins that she is always with are 7. She also became a big sister at...

HD TV skipping [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HD TV with no cable service and the regular channel that I get they come in clear but as your watching a show the channel skips or it will black out and a massage will come up on the screen that says weak or no signal, what can I do to rectify that.

Skipping periods [ 3 Answers ]

I am a junior in high school, and I haven't had my period in six months. I know I'm not pregnant, because I am still a virgin. I am scared because it always skips, and I only have it like twice a year. And I don't know what to do.

Skipping is addicting [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old girl in my 11th grade year at high school. For the past 2 years, I was an amazing kid. I got good grades and I learned a lot. I was even able to get enough credits to graduate this year. Which would be cool for the current situation that I am in at home. Like I said, I am...

View more questions Search