Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 7, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Feed Me!!
    I am going on vacation and wanted to know exactly how long leopard geckos can go without food (of course I'm not going to leave him alone for 2 weeks, I just want to know.)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2006, 10:59 AM
    I gave mine some crickets and was gone for 8 days and he was just fine!!

We only feed ours once a week anyway. He has gone longer, when the pet store was out of his food.

But 8 days was fine for him.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 8, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Wow, I feed mine 2 or 3 Meal Worms every other day!:eek:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Mine will not eat meal worms. He prefers something called Can " Crickets made by a company called Zoo Meds. We get it at Superpets. Our local pet store can also order it for us so we don't have to drive 45 miles to Superpets.

You can try it and see if yours likes it.
    ca cash refu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Try Giving it Crickets From the Store Mine Is Getting Huge From it. All she does is eat.

But I Haven't been able to feed him since Wednesday o well I will feed him tomorrow

Date 6/3/07
    Doberman Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 09:46 AM
    My leopard gecko would sometimes get sick if I didn't feed it for more than about 2-3 days... well, if I ever got off schedule of feeding her she wouldn't eat anything and would be very hard to get her to eat again... Not sure but is that normal?
    Equine_Fanatic Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Frank, my LG, doesn't eat a lot, but he is getting really old. We buy these meal worms that you can put into a dish that he eat when he is hungry. The beginning of every week we give him 10 or 12 crickets. THey usually last all week, Just make sure that you put in something for the crickets to chew o, or they will start to chew on your gecko!
    PenguinIncognito Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    I am going on vacation and wanted to know exactly how long leopard geckos can go without food (of course I'm not going to leave him alone for 2 weeks, I just want to know.)
    I have worked in the fish/reptile/bird/and small animal section of a petstore for 5 years so I have quality info, trust me. Lizards, in general can go about 4 days without food. Their metabolisms are slower than mammals, especially if you decrease their heat source. Leopard Geckos can also extract nutrients from their fat tails when they are running low on food... kinda like a camels' hump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extending spa feed [ 2 Answers ]

I have existing 220v wiring (outdoors) for a spa that I want to extend another 15 ft. in order to hide the panel from view. Do I have to re-wire the run, or can I just extend it with a junction box and another 15 ft. of cable/wire? I'm in California, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance...

When do I mow, after weed & feed application? [ 2 Answers ]

I did a weed and feed application on Sunday, wondering if it is too early to mow again? I don't want to mow up any residual product. It has rained a few times since, I am in the PNW, Seattle area. It is really nice this afternoon here and I would like to take advantage of the time and the...

Weed And Feed In The Garden [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My son put weed and feed in the vegetable garden Will this harm my plants what can I do? Will I be able to eat the Produce...

Kitten trying to feed still. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my cat had kittens on 18th June, 3 have left and I've kept one, she is fully weaned,eating nicely,mother has been spayed and is all dried up of milk, yet I have noticed the kittens still trying to suckle and the mother is letting her even though there is nothing coming out, is this normal, was...

View more questions Search