Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Hunter Model 44860 wiring
    I am trying to change my trane thermostat to a Hunter Model 44860. I had the following hook up: Red(R), black(w2), white (w1), Yellow (Y), green (G), orange (O) and Blue (B)
    The hunter has rh, rc/r, c, y1, y2, w1, w2, g, o, e and l. I matched the letters and placed Black (W2) in w2 with jumpers between w2 and e and, rh and rc/r but the heat does not come on? What is the correct wiring sequence? Thanks.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 05:09 PM
    I would like to help you but,there is not much help for a hunter tstat,I have found most all to be junk and if they do work they won`t work very long. If possible take it back and get you a good honeywell or white rogers stat ,they will have understandable instructions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat Model 44660 Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a Hunter Thermostat and have gotten lost on the wiring issue. My current system uses 5 wires, R, B, Y, W, and G, but it is not clear where these go on the new Hunter system, especially the R and B. Any help? Thanks. Dan

Wiring from old carrier thermostat to Hunter 44860 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I need help how to wire properly my new Hunter thermostat model 44680 from an old carrier stat that has wires w/ colors red,blue,yellow,green,& white.I have read some wiring combination from other site but want to be sure the proper wiring?I would appreciate any help!thanks! ntmags

Rheem to Hunter 44860 Thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

Trying to replace an old thermostat with a Hunter 44860 and can't seem to get it to work. The wiring on the old Rheem unit is as follows - B - Blue Wire R - Red Wire G - Green Wire Y - Yellow Wire W2 - White Wire X - Brown Now the new unit has the following... note that it does not have...

Converting a Carrier Thermostat to a Hunter Model 44860 [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a basic contractor installed Carrier thermostat (non-programmable). We wanted to upgrade to a programmable. I went with Lux at first and had to call the tech support, only to have them call back and tell me that my system wasn't compatible. Anyway, here is my current make up on...

Hunter Thermostat model 66440 Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced a Honeywell T874R1475 Thermostat with a Hunter 44660 Thermostat. I have the labels from the Honeywell and need to know how it traslates to the Hunter thermostat. Honeywell o c/o valve heat x common g fan r power e them heat w2 aux y compressor

View more questions Search