Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 2, 2009, 11:22 PM

Thanks for posting that Silver! Maybe the message will get through! One would only hope!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Feb 2, 2009, 11:44 PM

The problem is simple, IGNORANCE AND DENIAL. Most of the people who are contributing to this don't think that they are doing anything wrong! They lie to themselves that they are being responsible to make themselves feel better. Its not MY fault thousands of pets die everyday, I found homes for MY puppies. Its everyone else's fault. No matter what the intentions, the facts do not change. ANY person who allows their dogs or cats to have babies that is not a licensed breeder is to blame. You may think your puppies are all going to have happily ever after lives, but did you know only 1 in 5 puppies stay with their initial homes forever?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 2, 2009, 11:50 PM

Again Silver... had to spread the rep, but thanks for saying what we all want to say, because it's 100% true! People lie to themselves to soothe their own conscience! They get defensive when someone challenges them, when they don't have a let to stand on because of their lack of knowledge!
    lauraa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 05:12 AM
    if you do breed them your just as bad as the person who has to kill them. its not fair bringing animals into the world knowing that we are already over populated. dont do it. im sure you would love a puppy. but you have got to think their wouldnt just be one puppy born their would be about 5? i dont know but i know for a fact its very expensive. seriouslyy dont do it.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneercole View Post
    I love your positive attitude and she's not 8 month old.
    Do you have any kids? Thier are many children who need a home, yet people still have babies.
    And human babies die as well, should we stop mother's from having children because they could or could not live or die.
    Think twice before you voice your opinion!
    You are the only one here who is going to have to think twice... or as many times as it takes to stop you from making a profoundly irresponsible decision.

Where did you get your dogs from? Many responsible breeders have all of their non-professional (in the dog world) adopters sign a contract that requires them to have their dogs fixed. Did you get your dogs from a professional breeder? Or did you go by way of pet shop? Please share this information so that we can help you to understand the situation in the best way possible.

What experience have you had with breeding? You did say zero, right? What do you know about breeding and genetics? When will you be having your dogs genetically tested? Do you know anything about what they need to get tested for? Do you know how to properly care for a pregnant mother? Are you prepared to handle an emergency situation during the birthing process? Would you be able to accept the possibility of having the mother dog die during the birth? Are you aware of the costs involved? Are you financially prepared to handle any medical situation that may arise? What experience do you have with training puppies and dogs? How will you be guaranteeing homes to these pups? Would you be requiring the owners to fix their dogs? If the new owners decide to no longer keep the dog for whatever reason and at any time, would you require the owners to return the dogs to you just as ALL professional, responsible breeders do?

Have you done any research whatsoever into responsible breeding practices? Have you learned by having a professional, responsible breeder take you under their wing? Have you even read a single book on the subject?

If you were not able to answer these questions definitively, or if you answered any of them with a "no", then you need to step back, make an unselfish move, and let the people who really know what they're doing contribute to the improvement of the breed you hold so dearly. People who don't respect every one of those questions hold a title I doubt you would want to carry on your shoulders. They're called backyard breeders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miniature dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 yr.old mini dachshunds is a few weeks pregnant. She has not eaten or drank water in 24hrs. I'm so worried about her. She has had some diarrhea, bleeding and vomit. She is about 6-7lbs. Healthy and active. Please only helpful comments PLEASE!

Breeding pure cream dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

I want to eventually breed my pure cream mini long haired dachshund . What would be the best match for choosing the sire to maintain the cream genetic strain in the puppies?

Barking dachshunds [ 4 Answers ]

My three doxies bark non stop at my neighbor who lives behind me. They hate him and want to kill him I think. He is a total moron who started the problem by throwing things at them and yelling at them. Now whenever they here him in his yard they go beserk. He has confronted me about this and told...

Dachshunds and vitamins [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old dachshund that has been diagnosed with back problems. I have heard that vitamin C is great, but I'm not sure how much to give her? Can anyone help?

View more questions Search