Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake658879 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Profile reset?
    SOLVED

I can't figure this out. One of my friends were on my computer a few days ago, when he finished, he shut it down. When I started it up, my proflile was... reset. For example, My active Desktop displays the screen it showed when I first installed Windows 2000 on it. My Mozilla Firefox settings were all reset. Everything I had was reset, except all the other profiles work fine, and everything that was installed is still there. When I go into my documents and settings, and view my desktop there, Everything I had before is shown. It is the same way in safe mode. I even tried repairing it with the windows repair CD. If you have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh yes, and I know I don't have any spyware/malware/viruses because I scanned with Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor, Webroot Anti-Spy, Acronis Privacy Suite, and Zone-Alarm Anti-Spyware, and Anti-virus.something went wrong with windows login, and it created another profile over my old one, but I could still get to my old profile and it's settings via C:\My Documents and Settings, so I just copied all the settings from the old profile to the new one, and it was fixed lol.
    protectit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 08:03 AM
    If windows can not read you profile it will automatically create you another temp one so you can login. Normally you can tell be looking in the documents and settings folder and seeing extra folders created their called e.g user.000 or user~xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan reset [ 1 Answers ]

My condenser fan went out a couple of days ago. I prelaced the motor and the fan. I did not replace the capacitor. The motor will not turn unless I push the fan, then it runs, until the unit cuts off. I believe this was the original problem that caused the motor to burn out. What would cause the...

IE toolbar reset [ 1 Answers ]

My IE toolbars reset every time I reboot. Any customizations I've made are lost and I have to do them again. I've fixed this before in the registry, but I can't remember how. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Heating reset [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem when ever I start my central heating after sometime it trips and I have too reset it by pressing the button on the thermostat chamber but after sometime this show red light again i.e it stopped Please help how to fix it and why I have to reset it so many times Thanks

Reset password [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hatachi dvd and I need to reset the password for the parental rating and I don't have the manual. How do I do this?

How do I reset my Compaq without the disk it keeps asking for? [ 1 Answers ]

What disk is needed to reset my computer? It keeps asking for a reset disk?

View more questions Search