Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisalexism Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Can I dye dark brown hair to light ash brown
    Can I dye dark brown hair to light ash brown color
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Jan 31, 2009, 11:18 AM

Go to the hairdresssers and they will be able to but make sure you emphasise ASH. And tell them you don't want any reddy/orangy tones whatsoever. I had that problem. You may be able to do it with boxes from the shops but it will come to more than the salon did by the time you've used all the different boxes to ahcieve the colour and it will ruin you rhai rmore. X
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Feb 2, 2009, 08:34 PM

Color does not lift color. It does not matter if you had it done professionally, or if you used a boxed color yourself. My best suggestion would be to go to a salon and have them weave your hair with an ash blonde, as the dark you have already and the ash blonde will blend somewhat and give you an overall lighter color. Ask the stylist to tone it using the correct base to counteract any yellow or brassy tones after she has weaved it to ensure there is no brassiness.
    soph501 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Put on colour before dye remover then bleach your hair then add the ash toner on the top and it will turn out without any red or green shades.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown/red hair, want it to be light brown? [ 8 Answers ]

Below is a url to a photo of how my hair use to be, I'm the one on the LEFT. This is the colour I want to go back to (my natural).. my hair colour now is a dark brown/mahogany. (as dark as 4.0 but with red in it) I had my hair platinum blonde but then decided to go brown again. (I cut all my hair...

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

View more questions Search