Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuyet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Held down by spirit
    Last night a spirit was holding me down. It has happened several times before. Usually I am dreaming and the narrative of the dream becomes warped, and I know something is not right. In retrospect, it is as if an entity is intruding on my sub-conscience state. These dreams are usually slightly sexual, where there is some sense of sexual stimulation in my 'id' section. But then it feels wrong, interfering and/or malevolent. As I said before, I will still be in a dream state when I know that there is a spirit/ghost accessing my sub-conscience state. I awoke and there was an amazing amount of pressure on my upper chest and face. I struggled to say the "Lord's prayer". There was an uneven amout of pressure over my mouth. I had to struggle to say it, but after awhile it abaited. The pressure felt like a different type of gravity. It was like pins and needles across my flesh.

I have read of other people's experiences that seem to replicate what happened to me last night. Does this happen to me because I am in a particular 'state' in which I am vulnerable or open?

I have had other ghostly experiences that have not been so traumatic. I saw my father's ghost when he died in the hospital. Another experiece was when my friend had died from a OD and he entered my dream state. I believe he ran a dream narrative of his own inside my sub-conscience, that asked me to help his cousin in her grief. I woke up with the feeling he was in my bedroom. In addition, there was a loud popping noise in one ear at the end of the experience.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 31, 2009, 04:32 PM

Doctors call half-asleep dreams "hypnagogic" dreams, and while we are partly awake while having them, we may still be unable to move. That's part of the body's defense mechanism so we don't get up and run around and get hurt responding to the dream. Some of us, me for instance, have the narcoleptic condition of having very vivid hypnagogic dreams and not being paralyzed when they happen. My wife still hasn't forgiven me for breaking that lamp...

Anyway, that's a non-paranormal explanation for your experience. On the paranormal side, the experience of the incubus, the spirit/ghost/demon that comes in the middle of the night to sit on your chest and give you strange (possibly sexual) dreams and absorb your energy, is one that people all over the world have been talking about for centuries. If there are such things, it makes sense they would be attracted to people who are able to see ghosts. People who are psychically sensitive are more "solid" on their plane, so naturally that gets their attention.

While I believe in living in harmony with most spirits, it's true that some spirits have "personal boundary issues" (not unlike an exuberant labrador) and may try to touch your body or mind in ways that aren't exactly polite. I take it you are coming at this from a Christian faith tradition. Feel free to put a cross in your room, sprinkle some holy water, and light a religious candle or two. When you go to bed, pray to God to protect you and encircle you in a white light that will only let benevolent spirits, such as angels, into your presence, and only to offer you blessings. Envision that white light, and keep it in mind as you go to sleep.

If that doesn't do the trick, you could touch base with a clergyperson of your faith tradition, or a more eclectic (Christian plus a bunch of other stuff) person like me.

Blessings!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 04:39 PM

Put a cross around your neck and yell out loud *Jesus is my saviour*

You must believe this but even if you don't it will work.

It could be aliens as well an they shy away from Jesus as well.
    Tuyet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 05:19 PM

Thank you both Alder and Artlady.
    Alder - I do come from a very relaxed Christian background. I went to Catholic schools and Church when I was younger. I don't go to Church now, but practice my own type of spirituality. Whenever I experience phenomena like the above mentioned, the Lord's Prayer seems to be the only way to make the ghostly experiences cease. Thanks for the suggestions and help!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 05:38 PM

When I tried to make another comment here I got a lot of bull. My comp went nuts and I could not do anything.It scared me for a second, something was trying to f with me and I said NO! But it was clear that I was not supposed to talk to you. It sounds crazy but it happened.I believe what you are saying and my comp went nuts when I tried to give you advice. Pray ,cover your house in holy oil and if need be seek the help of a local father.
    All Gods Love to you. If you need to talk I am here.Many people would think your nuts but I know your not!
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    When I tried to make another comment here I got a lot of bull. My comp went nuts ...
    I've had that happen on this site, too. It could have been just an electronic glitch, but once or twice it really felt like whatever negative influence was bothering the person who posted the question, it didn't like my trying to offer an answer. I just refused to be intimidated, rebooted, and re-posted it.
    shreya1407 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 06:26 AM

The cross around your neck works try also saying hare krishna harekrishna krishna krishna hare hare... it will help you through try also saying om a couple of times... I'm Indian and I believe in ghosts peeple call me goth but dats just ,me
    xxsophiexx95 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 10:05 AM

Well You Could Maybe Like Tell A Priest Or Try Talking To The Spirit... If The Spirit Or Ghost Like Starts To Hurt You Badly Then You Definitely Need To Go To A Priest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've held on to my ex [ 4 Answers ]

:confused:Almost three years ago I asked my ex girlfriend to leave the house. I did not mean it I was just pissed off and was an alcoholoc so I said some things I did not mean.Well when I came back home she was gone and had taken the kids. Two days later I got served with a restraining order, I...

Being Held in Contempt [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if the judge holds you in contempt for violating a court order? Please let me know asap.

Held Back [ 1 Answers ]

Im an 11th grader but Im supposed to be in 12th. I was held back because I was missing 3 credits. How do I earn enough credits to be in my right grade and graduate on time?

Tax % on Sold Lot held over 30 years [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a vacant lot in 1972, sold it last year. I have long term carryover loss, but my ? Is at what tax rate should I use to calculate the basis for the lot. My tax bracket is 15%, but I understand that, for any assets held for a long period it should be bracketed at 8% or thereabout. Maybe I...

Being held hostage... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a credit card through a well known bank (almost 2 years) and recently when I tried to make my statement payment I logged in to find another credit card listed under my accounts and when I called to question it, they said it was from their takeover of another bank and it was from their files....

View more questions Search