Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IdahoBiker Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Can't get My Other Phones to work?
    Signed on with Clearwire VoIP for my Home Phone Service, but the ONLY Phone that works is the one next to my Computer and the Modem(Linksys SPA2102-SF W/ ROUTER)
    I was told that when I Signed up for this that my Other Home Phones would work with this, but they aren't? I was told by their Tech to get a 2-into-1 Splitter--->Plug My Computer Desk Phone into 1 terminal, then Plug the other Terminal into my Wall Jack. Then Plug the Splitter into Phone 1 (not to use phone jack 2)... However when I do that EVERYTHING goes Dead... :confused::confused:
    But when I hook-up just the Computer Desk Phone to Line 1 It works Fine...
    Someone said something about using Filters on the Jacks for the Other Phones(I kept my Filters from when I used DSL, but that didn't change anything? )
    My Phone Line from the X-Phone Company that comes into the House is still Hooked up at the Main House Junction, would that be a Problem?
    "IF" I do need filters What do I need?
    I just want this to work, surely there's a way to fix this, isn't there? :eek:
    Colin Pye Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Are you still using DSL for your internet connection? If so, your phone line is still being powered by your old phone company, and you need to make a few wiring changes...

First thing, disconnect the cord from the outside line to your inside wiring. If you are still using DSL, connect your DSL device directly to the incoming line, where it comes into your house. The main point is to disconnect your inside wiring from the old phone company.

Once your outside phone line connection isn't hooked up, you should follow their tech's suggestion, and use the splitter to hook up the rest of your phones. If they are still dead, you may have too many of them hooked up at once, so try cutting it down to two, and see if it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quad-band dual sim phones where both sims work simultaneously [ 1 Answers ]

I have found quite a few quad-band phones on eBay and elsewhere that have dual sim slots. None of them say that both sims can be used simultaneously, and I'm quite sure a lot of people buy them, assuming that they do. After asking a few of the sellers about this, with no replies, I assume that...

Phones to Use [ 2 Answers ]

When you make a call with your calling card, what kind of phone do you use? Is it the landline phone, mobile phone or the public payphone? :)

How to decode phones [ 3 Answers ]

My question is that I want to know how or the procedures to decode phones.

I reformated my computer and phones don't work [ 3 Answers ]

If you reformat the computer which is start fresh again and all that do the phones still work because mine are not and the power doesn't turn on even though its plugged in. are the phones broken or is it just because I reformated the computer?

Pay as you use phones [ 9 Answers ]

I have had a great pay as you use plan that came with my job that is now expiring.AT&T/Cingular. Is there one plan that someone might recommend. I've heard Tracfone is pretty good. What about Virgin Media, AT&T, Cingualar, or any others?

View more questions Search