Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 07:43 PM
    HP Pavilion power switch
    Anyone know of a place where I can get a replacement power switch? I have searched and searched the HP sites and other parts sites and can't locate any information. I'm referring to the front panel switch which illuminates when on. ONn my computer the drive light is part of the assembly.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 2, 2009, 02:51 PM

To the best of my knowledge their arnt just replacment switches out their.

However depending on the construction you can generally jury rig it and still have it look and act like normal. This is assuming that your power switch is something like this --) <--the rounded end being the button, the --being plastic pushing into the actual switch. If so just attach something such as a paper clip that is the same length to the back of the ) so that it still hits correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generator power transfer switch [ 1 Answers ]

Our power goes off on a frequent basis. If it is off more than 8 hr I need to power up with my own generator 8kw, to prevent spoilage and to run the well. My question is do you have to disconnect the neutral also and run the neutral to the generator or can the neutral be common to both power...

Can the UPS charge in pluged to power and switch off. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 500VA UPS. In our area power cut is very high. So to run the computer I installed a big battery in my UPS near about 64ah. In the day time the power shut down. So I use the battery. The power comes in the evening time. My question is that can the UPS charge the batter pluged into the power...

Pull power from end of run three way switch? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not an electrician, but have successfully installed and run wiring for non-complex ceiling fans, so I have some skills. Forgive me if I don't use some of the terms correctly. The current issue I have is related to a three way switch. That three way switch is part of an upstairs/downstairs...

Can I use Power from an existing switch [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm new to this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to add a new pendent light in the bathroom between two recessed lights, but I would like it to have it's own switch. I want to avoid destroying the drywall or paint, and I don't mean where I have to cut in a new box....

View more questions Search