Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jade99901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Sewer Backup
    I have a question about insurance for sewer backup if my policy says water h3 comprensive coverage does that include sewer backup? If so what are my rights when it comes to sewer backup's and how it should be cleaned or fixed properly. My adjuster says I am covered because it was determined to have orignated from the toilet itself. The problem orignated in the upstairs toilet (I have a bungalow) and it kept flushing over a period until the septic became full and then came back into the house through the drains and over the toilet which then went to the bsmt.What should I know about the cleanup from a sewer backup. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jade
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jade99901 View Post
    I have a question about insurance for sewer backup if my policy says water h3 comprensive coverage does that include sewer backup? If so what are my rights when it comes to sewer backup's and how it should be cleaned or fixed properly. My adjuster says I am covered because it was determined to have orignated from the toilet itself. The problem orignated in the upstairs toilet (I have a bungalow) and it kept flushing over a period of time until the septic became full and then came back into the house thru the drains and over the toilet which then went to the bsmt.What should I know about the cleanup from a sewer backup. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jade

I don't know what you are asking. Apparently your insurance company's adjuster already told you you have coverage. I would tend to believe him.

What is your insurance question?

If it's not about insurance but about clean up the insurance adjuster will tell you how much they will pay and then you can decide what you want done by means of repair, disinfecting, disposing of damage belongings, whether you're to handle it, hire someone to do the work - ?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 05:26 PM

If your insurance covers you that should also include professional cleaning. I'd call Servicemasrter or the like and have them do a total job which will include sanitizers and odor remover. Right now the surface of parts of your home is a cesspool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Backup Insurance [ 11 Answers ]

I asked this in the plumbing section as it has to do with sewer backup, but this is likely a good place to post it as well... I purchased my house about 2 years ago and did not purchase sewer backup insurance, as my insurance agent said I did not need it since my house is on a slab. Now that I...

Sewer backup cleanup [ 6 Answers ]

My sewer backed up and I had fecus and toilet paper in the basement. Called the plumber who came over and allegedly used a roto machine but I didn't hear a thing when he allegedly used it. When he left, he hadn't done anything toward cleaning the basement of the fecus/toilet paper. I cleaned it up...

Sewer Backup? [ 1 Answers ]

Lots if fecal smelling soapy water came out in the garage when I ran the washing machine. This is after 3 days of rain on a municipal sewer system. Should I call the township, call a plumber, or blow up the house?:confused:

Sewer backup in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with sewer backup in the basement when there is a heavy downpour. A waterproofing company installed pvc pipes in the basement and a pump but that only takes care of ground water if any, that comes in the basement. I paid $4500 for that job which I see now was a waste. The main...

Sewer backup in Kitchen Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday I heard a rumbling in the kitchen and some clear sewage backed up in the sink with a horrible smell. This happened twice and went away. After some usage the sink clogged up. The plunger worked and cleared it. But then it clogged up again immediately. I tried plunging again and a lot of...

View more questions Search