Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Junaid169 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Bose Home theater System
    Okay I have always loved Bose Jewel Speakers and I want to use Yamaha RX-Z7 Receiver with this system. I can live with only Bose Jewel Speakers but they don't come like that.
    I have two choices either buy Lifestyle V30 or Lifestyle V35 the only difference I know is V35 comes with a Dvd player. Its like a free Dvd player... If some body disagrees let me know.

My 1st real question is whether I can use them together. Have the speakers connected with Receiver and DVD as a regular DVD input to speakers. Is this possible?

My 2nd real question is what is the power of Bose Speakers? Someone told me they don't come like that. Does that mean I can hook them up with any thing or any power I am looking at 980w x 7, it is a 7.1 system Also, what is the woofer power for this Yamaha RX-Z7 system. How will this effect Bose Jewel Speakers?
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 30, 2009, 03:43 PM

I have a Yamaha RX-V663 7.1 surround receiver I just bought and I have 4 Bose 201 with a center Bose voice speaker and a 400 watt Boston sub woofer and everything works great and great sound also. If your wondering if you'll blow out your speakers I wouldn't worry about it, just don't push the volume all the way to max. and you'll be fine.

Jan 30, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack dandy View Post
    I have a Yamaha RX-V663 7.1 surround receiver i just bought and i have 4 Bose 201 with a center Bose voice speaker and a 400 watt Boston sub woofer and everything works great and great sound also. If your wondering if you'll blow out your speakers i wouldn't worry about it, just don't push the volume all the way to max. and you'll be fine.
    Thankx that help...

U know any thing about Bose Out Power... Like what it is.

Did you buy just the Bose speakers
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 30, 2009, 04:12 PM

Yes I bought the speakers separately, I think the output power is how much your speakers can handle before you might blow them or crack them. Hope this helps.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Feb 7, 2009, 02:07 PM

Ok here you go..

1) Bose cube speakers (Jewels or Acoustimass) cannot be connected directly to a receiver. They make a few models such as the AM6 & AM10 that will work, but you need to process the am through their bass speaker. It has EQ's and power limiters so the cubes only see what they can handle. The Jewels are not available this way. Again, do not connect cubes direct to the receiver, you will blow them.
    2) The purpose of the V30 is to have more expandability, I believe it has more inputs and better control options for other components (Blu-Ray, Cable Box, etc.)
    3) The 35 does offer a built in DVD player and is a good solution if you are not looking to add multiple components. Either way they are the same price.
    4) If you purchase either of the systems, you still will not be able to / not need to use your yamaha amp.
    Bottom line is that the Jewels are only for the full systems and will not work with a separate receiver like regular speakers. Good luck.

Feb 7, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregisteredtrademark View Post
    Ok here you go..

1) Bose cube speakers (Jewels or Acoustimass) cannot be connected directly to a receiver. They make a few models such as the AM6 & AM10 that will work, but you need to process the am through their bass speaker. It has EQ's and power limiters so the cubes only see what they can handle. The Jewels are not available this way. Again, do not connect cubes direct to the reciever, you will blow them.
    2) The purpose of the V30 is to have more expandability, I believe it has more inputs and better control options for other components (Blu-Ray, Cable Box, etc.)
    3) The 35 does offer a built in DVD player and is a good solution if you are not looking to add multiple components. Either way they are the same price.
    4) If you purchase either of the systems, you still will not be able to use your Yamaha amp.
    Bottom line is that the Jewels are only for the full systems and will not work with a seperate reciever like regular speakers. Good luck.
    Thank you for you response. Now I am disappointed with Bose.
    I have to say you are the first person to give me this information. No one ever mentioned this information to me before.

I am depressed. I wanted to be able to used Jewels with Yamaha RX-Z7
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Feb 8, 2009, 08:33 AM

Sorry, just telling you the truth and trust me this answer is 100% accurate.

You should look into the AM10 or AM15. The Acoustimass cubes are a little bigger than the Jewels but still very small. They even come with a powered sub and will work nice with your Yamaha.
    vedtewari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 11:25 PM
    OK, please tell me, can we use jewelcube (with adapter to speakers) with AM15, instead of using double cube ? Will there be any harm to the spaekers or system, of course there will be DENON connected with AM15? Please sprinkle some light on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bose sound system [ 14 Answers ]

Soooo - the battery on my husband's car died and I had it replaced. Now I've discovered that when the radio/sound system, whatever it's called, loses power it shuts down and has to be reprogrammed. The dealer says they can't help me because it's after market (which I don't think it is, but my...

How do I set up my Samsung home theater system? [ 5 Answers ]

I have the following equipment but I am not sure of the optimal connections in setting up the system. Samsung LN-S4092D LCD HDTV Samsung HD-DVD Home Theater System HT-TQ72 Explorer 8300 HD PVR Vidéotron Illico Receiver 2 HDMI cables 1 regular audio cable (white and red) The LCD TV has 2...

Phillips TV to older Bose system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 42 inch Phillips LCD flat screen less than a year old and a older Bose sound system that is about 20 years old? It only has the two double speakers and the sound system am, fm, cd, and aux hookups on it. I want to know how to hook this up to my Phillips flat panel to get the sound through...

Pioneer VSX -305 Home Theater System [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my surround system it works correctly for about 5-10 min then it will make a loud buzzing sound from all the speakers, I have to turn the system off to get it to stop buzzing... any suggestion ?

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

View more questions Search