Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhaskin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Child's Surname Change.
    My daughter would like to change my grandson's surname to be the same as her her surname instead of the father's surname (they were never married). The father's surname is not on the birth certificate, so how can this be done without involving him?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 06:51 PM

It cant. Its rather obvious that she knows who the father is so if she put down father unknown on the birth certificate she could be charged with purjury. She has to seek his permission for a name change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child's Legal Surname [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 children with the same partner and we are no longer together. We were NEVER married and we have been off and on again. The oldest of the 2 children shares BOTH of our surnames, but the youngest (my son) carries only his fathers name. This is a problem whenever I have to make doctors...

Change of surname of my child [ 6 Answers ]

I have a daughter and I didn't married her father. But I had my baby's surname after her father's. Now. Her father and I broke up because our relationship isn't really working. I would just like to ask the process of what do I need to do to change my baby's name after mine. What are the laws and...

Changing a Child's surname [ 5 Answers ]

I am a single mother and have been since my son was 6 weeks old. I was unmarried to his father and things went from good to bad over night. To make a long story short, his father has supervised visitation due to some abuse that had happened. Thank god I was smart and got the baby medical...

View more questions Search