Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lana-mac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Potassium free !
    I have recently discovered that any foods I eat with potassium give me migranes! I take rizatriptan when the migranes get bad but depending on what I have eaten that rarely shifts it, I've been looking in to what foods contain potassium and it seems that even foods that have a moderate or low level still affect me. Also a lot of medications contain potassium as the salt! I am now stuck on what to eat as almost everything seems to contain potassium, what foods can I eat that do not contain potassium? :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 06:42 PM

Here is a site that might be helpful.
    National Kidney Foundation: A to Z Health Guide Item

Potatoes and bananas have lots of potassium do they give you headaches?
    What are all the foods you have noticed that definitely give you headaches?
    I am wondering if it could be something else in the foods.
    lana-mac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Bananas is the reason I thought it was potassium, I used to eat a banana a day at work and for a few days I never had one and I realised that I never had a headache, also the week after I had naproxen tablets and penicillin tablets for tonsillitis and had really bad headaches with them also, when I looked into it the ingredient they all contained that was the same which was potassium, also when I eat oranges certain juice ,potatoes,and milk products like actimel drinks and yoghurts but I am not sure if they contain a high level of potassium.I did not have this problem when I was younger as I have always ate fruit and veg and also had tonsillitis quite a lot, for which I had to take penicillin tablets . I can't think of anything else it could be. Is there any other ingredients that could cause this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write a balanced chemical equation for: potassium oxide+ water= potassium hydroxide [ 1 Answers ]

write a balanced chemical equation for: potassium oxide+ water= potassium hydroxide

Need to eat potassium free meals [ 1 Answers ]

I have very high potassium.I am only 15 years old. Every thing I love to eat has potassium.my mom is going nuts because,she doesn't know what to cook for me!! {Moved from Forum Help-<>}

Bananas and Potassium [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, About how many bananas would you have to eat daily to have a problem with high levels of potassium, assuming that there are no kidney or other health problems?

Potassium-free meals [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has glomerunephritis, insufficiencey and hypertension. It was highly suggested he eat potassium free - help!! The list of foods he should NOT eat is a mile long, and the OK list has no decent ideas for good meals on it. Any suggestions? ...

Potassium [ 2 Answers ]

This is a hard question to answer. I take a diuretic for high blood pressure (torsemide ) One time I was rush to the hospital. I had a low potassium level. I know you get potassium From many foods. I take chelated Potassium 99mg from the drugstore.Once a day in the morning, with the rest of my...

View more questions Search