Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:04 AM

George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:33 AM

HE means to shut everyone up: "You've got some economists and some folks who think they're economists. By the way, these days everybody thinks they're economists," he joked." Obama bemoans: Everyone's an economist
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    "You've got some economists and some folks who think they're economists. By the way, these days everybody thinks they're economists," he joked.
    He's right of course.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    He's right of course.
    Thus spake the LEADER: '"These (unemployment) numbers demand action. It is inexcusable and irresponsible for any of us to get bogged down in distraction, delay or politics as usual while millions of Americans are being put out of work," Obama said bluntly. "Now is the time for Congress to act."' Damn that constitution! Damn those Senate and House rules, at least the ones we can't overlook!
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Thus spake the LEADER:
    "spake"? Isn't that old English Bible talk? You are a prophet for Obama? Is this what Jesus would do?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 12:00 PM
    I think he meant "thus saith the One." I don't know what Jesus has to do with this but it doesn't take a prophet to copy and paste Obama's own words.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 12:07 PM

My favorite word he uses is "irreversible " . He says unless the bucketlist is passed the recession might prove irreversible (more politics of fear).What is that supposed to mean ? Even the Great Depression was reversible .

What he means is that once he expands govt. spending it will be almost irreversible . The Dems will never shrink the size of gvt on their own accord.

It's the same demagogery being spun by the radical global environmentalists.
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I think he meant "thus saith the One." I don't know what Jesus has to do with this but it doesn't take a prophet to copy and paste Obama's own words.
    I checked your link and at no point do they say "thus saith the One" which sounds like someone reading from some old religious book. Where did you get that from?
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I checked your link and at no point do they say "thus saith the One" which sounds like someone reading from some old religious book. Where did you get that from?
    Think about it NK. You're sharp enough to figure it out.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 01:26 PM

And as of this morning, the stimulus package, all one trillion dollars of it has only a 38% approval rating of the people and Mr nobama has slipped to 61%
    We'll talk again when he hits 35%
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Speaking of nutty liberals, Barney Frank said congress will consider legislation that not only limits executive pay to bailout recipients but to "all U.S. companies."

How does the federal government micromanaging ALL U.S. companies sit with you guys complaining about no government oversight? It's the government and they're here to help, right?
    I wonder what the supposed libertarians think of this?

When will they get to pro - athelete or actor / actresses, or TV star [ oprah? ] salaries.

Remember, all you folks waiting for the politicians to save you, they know best and they know and want to control how much you make.

G&P
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 7, 2009, 08:06 PM

I wonder, really, who Obama thinks will eventually pay this incomprehensible amount of money.

Judging by his recent appointments, the Democrats DON'T BELIEVE IN PAYING TAXES!!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 7, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Let us remember that liberals don't need a single conservative vote if the stimulus-pork-bill gets to the floor of the senate.

Forty-two percent of the stimulus includes tax cuts. Now you'd think that would make the Pubs happy, but not so. What they want to do is argue and fight and continue to show total disregard for the middle and lower classes, which by the way, have been suffering the most for the past eight years. McCain is so lost on the Senate floor that he is often befuddled, confused, and Cheney like. G-d help the U.S. if we continue to elect these old uneducated goats.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 03:24 AM

There is less infrastructure spending on this bill than was used in Boston's Big Dig.

Leave it to the Senate to come up with a" bipartisan compromise " where they claim they trimmed $50 billion from the legistation and it still costs more than the bill that came out of the House . The "deliberative body" at it's best!!

This site breaks down some of the projects ;their costs ,and how stimulating they will be regarding job creation.
    Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

As you can see there is plenty of room for trimming garbage out of it. There is a rush to get this done so Obama can have a photo-op signing it on Lincoln's birthday.That is a poor rational for passing bad legislation .

The lies about the urgency have got to go. Most of the provisions in the bill should be added and debated in the regular omnibus spending legislation. Get the pork out of the bill and I will have no trouble supporting it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2009, 09:31 AM

I don't see where it will stimulate any economy or anything.
    It looks like it mainly helps people working for the government jobs.
    I don't see where it creates jobs for the average unemployed people.
    I heard that much of the money will also go to George Sorros ACCORN,
    The National Endowment for the Arts, STD education, food stamps,

I agree with Galveston this will backfire when it has to be funded.
    I heard New York had to lay off 14,000 school teachers in order to compensate for their 'overspending'
    Where is the money going to come from in the long run without hurting the economy in other areas?
    It is worse than robbing Peter to pay Paul!
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    Forty-two percent of the stimulus includes tax cuts. Now you'd think that would make the Pubs happy, but not so. What they want to do is argue and fight and continue to show total disregard for the middle and lower classes, which by the way, have been suffering the most for the past eight years. McCain is so lost on the Senate floor that he is often befuddled, confused, and Cheney like. G-d help the U.S. if we continue to elect these old uneducated goats.
    Um, doorbells?

Feb 9, 2009, 10:34 PM

The DEMS have to nurse the PUBS into acceptance. That's not an easy task. They were Bushed for the past eight years and are now showing signs of failure dependency. I mean the PUBS balked at newer bridges and renovations to historic sites, any meaningful infrastructure, so hey! now the elderly will have a bell to ring every time an angel gets his wings. ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    The DEMS have to nurse the PUBS into acceptance. That's not an easy task. They were Bushed for the past eight years and are now showing signs of failure dependency. I mean the PUBS balked at newer bridges and renovations to historic sites, any meaningful infrastructure, so hey!, now the elderly will have a bell to ring every time an angel gets his wings. ;)
    "Nursing" my arse, this bill is crap.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 04:00 PM

Today on Quinn & Rose they were talking about something even more scary hidden in the stimulus. They said that hidden in the "free" medical plan is a grid that determines IF THEY feel somebody should receive things like surgical procedures. If THEY feel that the amount outweighs your life expectancy then you do not qualify for the operation.

Feb 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
    "Nursing" my arse, this bill is crap.

A lot of bills are crap. Welcome to America. Greasing somebody's palm shouldn't be any surprise. I suspect you saw the last five seconds before halftime of the Super Bowl. Anytime loads of lettuce is involved things can happen. The PUBS do so for top percentage wage earners and the DEMS will throw money at anything. There's no revelation here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do Liberals get such a slating in American Politics ? [ 27 Answers ]

Seriously now, what is the problem with American Liberalism? Personally I can't see a problem with attempting to minimise the governments interference in with the populace or are, as seems to be the case, American Liberals attempting to subvert the overall nature of Liberalism? Am I...

So you enjoy watching American 'liberals' argue with themselves? [ 5 Answers ]

"The fence around the public demonstration zone outside the Democratic National Convention will be chicken wire or chain link, authorities revealed in U.S. District Court today." Chicken wire should suffice, right? See: DNC protests will be behind fence - The Denver Post

Is my sister acting nutty, or is it me? [ 6 Answers ]

My 46 year old sister, who is a married mother of two teenagers, met a single, straight male, aged 36, on a on-line discussion forum. The discussion forum is a long hair community discussion forum devoted to people growing their hair long. Yes, that's right, it's a discussion forum to support...

Why should I support liberals [ 30 Answers ]

I am a Black man 48 yrs old, I just wanted to know why I should vote for democrats or support liberals, I do not like nither of the two. I really think that liberalism is dangerous and liberals are phony, but I get shouted down when I express my veiw, why is that.

Liberals: [ 2 Answers ]

Do most conservatives call themselves right-wingers? HANK ;)

View more questions Search