Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Delayed Return
    I filed early - 1/17 using numbers computed from my pay stubs. I was pretty close... off by about $200 (in my favor). Originally the IRS said I would have my return on 1/31. I checked today and now they are saying 2/10.

I know I am going to have to file an amended return. I was going to have to anyway because we are closing on a house in March and were going to take the 2008 First Time Homebuyers Credit.

Is the IRS running late on starting refund payments or do you think they caught my mistake and that held it up?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Probably problems setting up the initial efile processing.

If they were holding up your tax refund, it would STILL be held up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my son delayed? [ 3 Answers ]

My son turned 3 year-old last February. He's our only child. He can say some words, but his vocabulary is very limited. He follows directions and commands, but doesn't answer simple questions as:" did you eat today?" I don't know if he doesn't understand the question or don't know how to answer it....

Delayed period [ 2 Answers ]

Is it natural for me to not have an period for 8moths? I'm not pregnant , what could it be?

Why Pregnancy delayed? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28 yrs married on feb2006, wife's age 21 From more than one year we are not using any contraceptives But she is not pregnant She is under treatment of General Physician 2 times Ovaluation study done But pregnancy not occurred She have regular periods What will be possible root...

Delayed ejaculation [ 4 Answers ]

How can I deal with the problem of delayed ejaculation and what are the causes ?

View more questions Search