Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhanna1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 03:11 AM
    President Clinton's impeachment
    When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:34 AM
    Hello b:

Clinton was impeached in the House, but the Senate didn't convict him.

I don't know Illinois state law, but he may or may not have to be convicted on both chambers, and he might have been.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 06:05 AM

Yes, the ILL governor was impeached in the state house and the state senate ( well 3/4 of the senate for the jury) found him guity.

The impeached means he was brought up on charges, but the senate has to hold a trial to convict to remove from office

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

Clinton's economic stimulus plan? [ 9 Answers ]

From the potential "first laddie," husband of the candidate who said "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good," we get a proposed economic 'stimulus' plan: OK, OK, in context: Huh? Best I can tell Hillary wants to take things away from us so we can have...

FRIGHTENING video catching Hillary Clinton's elections fraud? [ 21 Answers ]

Should Hillary be sent to jail for this? Should she be held accountable for lying to the American people, and for election fraud? How did Hillary get away with this? This is frightening. What do you make of this: YouTube - The Shocking Video Hillary Does NOT Want You To See! (1of2)...

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

View more questions Search