Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 29, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Did you see Haggard on Larry King?
    When I saw Haggard on Larry King tonight, I was struck by two things.

1. Haggard keeps telling us what his therapist defines him as. The 1st one said "you are hetero with homo tendencies" The 2nd one said, "you are hetero with complications."
    Both of these therapist could very well be correct BUT, what does Haggard say he is? He should know better than anyone else when he looks deep into his soul.

2. Marcus Haggard, the son of Ted seems to be a well rounded, enlightened, intelligent,
    Young man. I thought so yesterday on Oprah and after tonight, I'm sure. Ted and Gayle did something right to have raised the two kids we've met so far.

Anybody else have comments about tonight's show?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 11:55 AM

No, I didn't see the Larry King show.

Definitions of his sexuality like he described his therapists said are totally meaningless. IF a man would gamble his reputation and financial riches in such a repressive environment(Ev Christ.) on not being caught having homosexual relations... that guy is a homosexual who can have sex with a woman, there are lots of guys like that. He has still not given up lying about his sexuality because his future prosperity depends on folks forgiving what they consider a terrible sin(after all, he is REALLY a hetero:)) and allowing him to go back into the religion business where he is a star and star earner$$$.

That's my opinion! :)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:27 PM

Choux,

Ever considered that he isn't lying about it. The guy said he still had thoughts. I think this is about way more than money. It is about overcoming a sin lifestyle. What is WRONG with that? If he had an affair with a woman, we'd let him repent and move on. Why do we have to label him as Gay and unable to change? I don't understand. If he were a drug addict we'd let him repent and move on... why can't he with this? What is wrong with him NOT wanting to have impure thoughts about a man and acting on it? What is wrong about letting him choose to stay with his wife and live a Christian lifestyle in a heterosexual relationship? He isn't denying what he did and the struggle with sex he has had.. he just wants to overcome it. What in the world is wrong with it? Why is everyone so sure it isn't doable?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:37 PM
    cozyk,

The man said he was not Gay. Those were his words. He used his therapist words to describe a complicated problem so that the world could understand. What exactly did you WANT him to say that he didn't? I thought he was really honest and it couldn't have been easy. I am just curious as to why you think he isn't looking into his soul. Because he won't label himself?? Because he wants to do what the Lord Jesus would have him do? He may fail but I give this guy credit. It isn't about money... it is about right, wrong, honesty, getting back up and starting over. I don't know. Maybe I'm all washed up.. but that is my take. And I might add.. I didn't even know or like the man before these interviews... you are right when you say these two parents in spite of their issues did something right with their children. It speaks volumes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Larry Bird baseball card [ 3 Answers ]

I have a larry bird baseball card it was 1 of two photos ever taken by him in a baseball uniform can anyone help me

Did you see Ted Haggard on Oprah? [ 24 Answers ]

I watched Ted Haggard on Oprah Winfrey today. Did any of you see him? If so, what is your take? I believe the guy is a real Christian no matter what he did. I had always heard that he BLASTED homosexuals but according to him he didn't. Just curious as to your take on the man. Any Thoughts? ...

TV drama Little Boy King the Martin Luther King story [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the TV Drama Little Boy King about MLK when he was young. I don't know any of the stars but I know Bill Withers appeared on the show and sang You just can't smile it away ( my favorite Bill Withers song) Any help tracking this down. THX

Bob and Larry get drunk [ 6 Answers ]

Two buddies, Bob and Larry, are getting very drunk at a bar when suddenly Larry throws up all over himself. "Oh, no... Now my wife will kill me!" Bob says, "Don't worry, pal. Just tuck a twenty in your breast pocket and tell your wife that someone threw up on you and gave you twenty dollars for...

Montana 1948 by Larry Watson [ 1 Answers ]

What motivates Frank Hayden's final act ?

View more questions Search