Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Jan 29, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Sloppy joes ?
    What is another name for it.. besides sloppy joes and its not manwich or loose meat sandwich... my whole family can't think of it!! HELPP
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 08:03 PM
    From Wiki

In parts of northern New Jersey, Sloppy Joe refers to a completely different type of sandwich.[3] There are a handful of variations depending on the deli, but it will always include one or more types of deli meat (i.e. turkey, ham, corned beef, roast beef, or sliced cow tongue), coleslaw, and Russian dressing on rye bread.

Sloppy Joes are also referred to as:

* Wimpies in parts of the Northeast USA, especially Northeastern Pennsylvania
    * Yip Yips in parts of southwestern Illinois near St. Louis
    * Slushburgers in parts of the Upper Midwest, particularly in western North Dakota and Eastern Montana
    * Barbecues in other areas of the Upper Midwest, especially eastern North Dakota.
    * Hot Tamales in parts of southeastern Wisconsin, particularly in the Sheboygan area despite the fact that tamales are a completely different food item.
    * Taverns in parts of northwest Iowa and Minnesota.
    Sloppy joe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps.
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Jan 29, 2009, 08:13 PM

I know they said it in it takes two the movie with marykate and ashley.. when they are sitting in the camp caf... but I don't have the movie anymore and I can't find the script online anywhere to see what they called it.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Feb 2, 2009, 01:47 PM
    I don't know I just always called them Sloppy Joe's or manwich.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are guys consider sloppy seconds? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I was with my boyfriend for a long time so we did do stuff.then we have ended for good in October.He did it,it was pretty hard on me but now were friends.I do still have feelings for him but not enough to even care that he hooks up with other girls.So one night we were talking and kind of...

Sloppy Hook-up [ 3 Answers ]

I made a mistake of getting drunk while also getting to know someone. We ended up in bed together and I don't remember it all. I don't think we had sex but I could be wrong. The thing is I really actually like him. He is an interesting, nice person. Now I feel like I've tainted any possibility...

Should I consider this "sloppy seconds"? [ 19 Answers ]

Okay, so here's the story - I'm 16 and a girl my age who's been my friend for a few years now has a boyfriend who is known to have a trust problem and is a year older. One weekend, her boyfriend went away and we started getting kind of close - she even came over to my house, and we held hands and I...

View more questions Search