Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jl_edie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Regarding social security number
    :)Hello, I need to know what my child's social security number is for taxes. His card was misplaced during a move .
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jl_edie View Post
    :)Hello, I need to know what my childs social security number is for taxes. His card was misplaced during a move .

Haven't you used the number in prior years? Isn't it in his school records? Only SS can give you the information.
    jl_edie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 01:19 AM
    Thank you for your answer to my question, I knew there had to be an easier way to go about this other than standing in that long line at the social security office downtown]
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 06:34 PM
    I gave my dad my kids' S.S.N. when they were born so if I needed to I could use him as a reference. You do need to go stand in that line though, you don't want to be caught with out the card... you will need it (especially when you haven't got it.. :))
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Agreed, though it MAY be possible, once you re-discover the SSN, to get a replacement card on-line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgments on my social security number [ 1 Answers ]

How long can a judgment stay attached to my social security number in the state of Florida?

Will OPT and CPT have social Security Number [ 1 Answers ]

Will OPT and CPT have social Security Number

Questions about social security number [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could answer these simple questions, How much does it cost to get a new id, like for example if you lost your id to get a new one do they charge or.. And If someone loses there social security card, and doesn't know there number by heart, how can they renew and...

Social Security Number (L1 to H4) [ 0 Answers ]

Need help on the below situation One of my friend had come to US on L1 visa and got social security number during her work. Then she went back to india. Now she is coming back to US but this time on H4 visa. So my question is can she use the same Social Security Number for H4 that she had...

View more questions Search