Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boredfroggie Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2006, 09:36 PM
    A friend in need...
    I have a coworker who recently lost her dog to a heart attack. After grieving, she is looking for another. But there is a problem, she prefers a larger breed dog. She had a great dane - mastiff mix and would absolutely love another one. She lives in California on many acres of land, so the dog would have lots and lots of room to run and she and her family are very loving to there animals. I mean they even took in a one-eyed goose and a cat with half a tongue due to injury. If anyone knows of any information that I can give her about anyone selling or giving away a type of dog like this it would be so greatly appreciated.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 6, 2006, 11:15 PM
    You may want to look at this web site. I found it awhile back and haven't really looked at it too much, but I do know that they have animals on there according to location.

www.hoobly.com
    If that isn't it try some variation of it... hope this helps.
    boredfroggie Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2006, 01:03 AM
    Thanks for the info, I'll try it out
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 22, 2006, 10:15 PM
    Did you try looking on this www.petfinder.com the site is called Petfinder as of August 23, 2006 there where 108,904 homeless dogs waiting for forever homes along. The rest of the animal totals are listed below.

Barnyard 174
    Bird 985
    Cat 105779
    Horse 1185
    Pig 163
    Rabbit 4514
    Reptile 344
    Small and Furry 3560

This is just one site there is also Pet Ark, which is listed in this http://www.pet-ark.com/ And Pets911, which you will find in this http://www.pets911.com/index.php I hope this will help you to find your perfect pet. (O:
    MINIZNTWNZ Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2006, 05:09 PM
    If she lives in California, do a web search on great danes in California...
    There is a retired actor, I can't remember his name for the life of me...

He has a great dane & large breed rescue & adoption program.
    Gentle giant something or other in California.

You'll know it when you see it.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2006, 06:52 PM
    One of the best sources for dogs with a predictable personality is the rescue
    Dogs. These are dogs that lost their home, but were taken into a foster home
    To be retrained as necessary and placed in the right home for them. You may
    Find a rescue near you starting at
    http://www.akc.org/breeds/rescue.cfm The rescues charge a fee to help cover their expenses, but is much less than the price of a puppy plus all its medical expenses the first year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend or Foe? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I have a friend who I grew up with 'C' and he is with this girl 'E'. They recently had a baby together and have been on and off ever since. There was a period where I did not really know 'E' all that well, but when she and 'C' has a few months apart; we got to know each other better and...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

My Friend [ 5 Answers ]

One of my friends died 6 days ago. We used to play basketball together and I had a dream last night that she told me she wasn't dead and we were at a basketball game and I wasn't playing and she wasn't either. What does this mean?

Best friend? [ 11 Answers ]

My 'best friend' is acting very strange. She has been for the past year or so. She is not some one easy to talk to but it seems that she has a problem with her friends and their boyfriends. For example my ex, we finished a month ago and I saw her last night trying in on with him. Also when we...

View more questions Search