Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Effective Potty Training Tips
    I have an 7mos.old american eskimo & a pomeranian. We have been trying to potty train them using puppy pads -when we're not home & at night. When we're at home we take them outside -all they want to do is play , not potty. We spend 25 -40mins outside , and then coming in the house they go on or near the puppy paper. How can I get them to start going outside exclusively? I'm tired of cleaning carpets!
    Thanks...
    Raeious Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 01:42 AM
    Did you just get them at 7 months... or have you been trying to potty train them way before?? Ummm I suggest you start over... and fresh.. toss away the training pads... they are no good;. Potty training takes a lot of time and effort. When you go to sleep they go to sleep too(well most of the time my dogs sleeps as well) right when you wake up... take them out to use the restroom. After that... try to go every hour. Even though he doesent even does it.. still go every hour and stay out for 20 minutes. Any longer than that, means they don't have to go. I hope this helps... (oh and... reward qand praise them after... when you return back in the house)
    jdance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Thanks so much Raeious. We got the american eskimo at 10weeks old and the pommie at 8weeks old and have been trying to train them since they were @ 4 & 5mos old. We'll start from scratch and use your ideas... I'll keep you posted . Thank you again!
    Trixiesperson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:17 AM
    I've had the same problem. The breeder started my mini daschund on the training pads, so to save our carpet we went and got them too. Now she will hold it until she can come in and use her mat. I've tried moving things closer and closer to the door and then outside, no avail. I think I'll just have to deal with some stains for a while. Hope you have some success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What about potty training? [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 yr old ADHD and bipolar granddaughter is not potty trained yet. It does not bother her to "sit in it" even to the point of making her bottom bleed. She will go potty if reminded but my mess herself 10 minutes later. We are at our wits ends! Anyone? Please? :confused:

Potty training [ 19 Answers ]

My son turned 3 years old in April and will not use the potty! He's not interested and wants nothing to do with it. We have tried all the usual approaches without any luck. Any good ideas?? I've already tried 1- putting a potty that makes a flushing sound and a hurray sound in front of the TV...

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

I got my miniature dashun in the winter. When I got home the dog did have some accidents on the carpet then we tried bringing her outside and she would do her bussines outside sometimes. Then when it got really cold she stopped and we got the puppy training pads. Until now she knew that she had to...

View more questions Search