Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nodnarb_j2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Adopting my son.
    Because of the stste I lived in I was unable to put my name on my sons birth certificate because my girlfriend was a minor. We have since moved and have been together for more than two years. When she turns 18 will I have to adopt my own son to avoid going to prison?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 06:52 AM

Why would you go to prison? And if you are the biological father of the child, you don't need to adopt him.

Please give us more of the story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my son even though he's biological father is not involved? Please help

Adopting my Step Son [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have had full custody of my son for many years and his Bio-mother is not involved in his life except for an occasional phone call every 6 months or so. She recently agreed to give up rights of him so that I may adopt him. We are in Texas. Is there an easy way to do this or do...

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

About adopting another cat [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, For a couple of weeks now, my in-laws have noticed a big male cat ( not neutered yet ) running free in their neighborhood. They asked if the cat belonged to somebody. Nobody had seen that cat in the neighborhood before. They started feeding him : this cat is very affectionate. My...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search