Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krazybabiblue Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 06:57 PM
    3 year old son with guns
    Not to long ago I found out that my ex-wife does not allow my son to sleep in his own bed at night but instead on the floor at her boyfriends house. I now found out that she is also letting him use guns. He is only three years old and she has not taken any gun protection courses. I'm concerned because I was informed that she has pictures of my son holding guns alone without any adult help. I'm also concerned because he is only three and still does not fully understand toy and real gun. We live in Arizona... any help on this issue is appreciated.

Secondly I found out that she purchased a dog. Normally this would not bother me but her roommates asked her to get rid of the dog because it was snapping and going after the children. Instead of getting rid of the dog she moved it to her boyfriends house and still allows the dog unattended around our son. Once again I'm concerned that he will become seriously injured one of these times. He already comes over with cuts and bruises that he has stated comes from the dog and has suddenly become scared and warey of our animals who have never snapped at him. Please help.
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Call them to tell them that it is not safe and please be careful they are a Really bad infulcence
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Have you contacted your divorce attorney about this?

I have more guns than one can count on 2 hands and feet, and I have a 6 year old. We also own a gun store, but we are responsible, our children are not allowed in the room if a gun is in plain view and they understand that and abide by that.

Sounds to me as though you may have to take her back to court. This is in no way a safe environment.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2009, 07:46 PM

Oh man... A three years old with guns? What kind of guns? I guess that is not important, guns in a 3 year old hand means trouble... The dog too.

Have you get real help from the police or someone close to that? If he is your son, can you take him instead of her?

I don't really know about the laws but if you can take your son, it would be better in all ways.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    Oh man... A six years old with guns? What kind of guns? I guess that is not important, guns in a 6 year old hand means trouble... The dog too.

Have you get real help from the police or someone close to that? If he is your son, can you take him instead of her?

I don't really know about the laws but if you can take your son, it would be better in all ways.
    Umm, it's my 6 year old, and we are responsible parents. The OP stated that the boy was 3.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybabiblue View Post
    Not to long ago I found out that my ex-wife does not allow my son to sleep in his own bed at night but instead on the floor at her boyfriends house. I now found out that she is also letting him use guns. He is only three years old and she has not taken any gun protection courses. I'm concerned because I was informed that she has pictures of my son holding guns alone without any adult help. I'm also concerned because he is only three and still does not fully understand toy and real gun. We live in arizona...any help on this issue is appreciated.

Secondly I found out that she purchased a dog. Normally this would not bother me but her roommates asked her to get rid of the dog because it was snapping and going after the children. Instead of getting rid of the dog she moved it to her boyfriends house and still allows the dog unattended around our son. Once again i'm concerned that he will become seriously injured one of these times. He already comes over with cuts and bruises that he has stated comes from the dog and has suddenly become scared and warey of our animals who have never snapped at him. Please help.
    Is this a reliable witness that is making the claims of your child holding guns at 3 ? Are you writing down when the child shows up with scratchs and bruises from the dog. You might be able to get emergency custody if you can prove she is abusing the child. From what your saying that's exactly what she's doing. Its not a problem of a child being around guns but it's the manner in which the guns are handled. There is no way a 3 year old should be around guns unsupervised and without trigger locks. They may be playing now but later it could turn out to be a nightmare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felonies and guns [ 11 Answers ]

Ok so this is in reference to a family member... He got a felony a long time ago for stealing a leather jacket which exceeded the dollar amount to be a misdemeanor and therefore has a felony. He hunts and is allowed to carry a muzzleloader but nothing else like a rifle. He also hunts on a...

Convicted felons and guns [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why a convicted child molester that had possession of numerous guns would NOT be charged? This man's conviction was in 2002, he was captured in a photo passing a loaded 32 pistol to a deputy. Here is someone who preys on the innocent and is not punished for breaking the law. I...

A guy is supposed to put 3 guns together & use all the pieces [ 2 Answers ]

I'll looking for the title of a movie where a guy is in some sort of training (I think) and he's in a room w/a few other people. They have to put 3 guns together using all the pieces in front of them blindfolded. He ends up putting 5 guns together to "use all the pieces". Anyone know this movie?...

No guns are to be where son is cared for. In laws have guns [ 3 Answers ]

The court papers say that there are to be no firearms anywhere that my son is being cared for. My son is 5, my ex wants to take him out of state to see his family for 4 days. His father has 5 guns, including 2 that belong to my ex. His mother and sisters all have guns... There is a currant...

UN wants your guns 7/04/06 [ 47 Answers ]

Read the following, wake up everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html

View more questions Search