Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwelgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 05:29 PM
    My water heater keeps turning off.
    I have to turn it on at least once a day. I have 3 full bathrooms.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2009, 05:51 PM

What do you mean turn it on, relight it (being pilot light ) or am I missing something?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 05:54 PM

Going to need some more info.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 05:57 PM

KWELGIRL -DO you mean that you have to turn it back on in the main power panel 9the breaker0 or do you mean you have to reset the red button on the top thermostat?? Have a good day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:02 PM

Is your heater gas or Electric, what is your real problem?

Thanks,
    John
    chadillac86 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 06:03 PM

There can be an issue with the breaker itself or the thermostat might be bad either the upper or the lower. In either case it is a pretty easy fix. Hope that helps!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 06:20 PM

Just look at how many folks are here to help you.. Amazing isn't it. Now,, help us help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Heater pilot keeps turning off [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool water heater that is only about 3 years old. About a year after we installed it, we had to replace the thermal couple (I think that's how you spell it) because the pilot was not staying on. Well, it's happening again. When we notice there is no hot water in the house, we go...

How do I shut off water without turning off water heater? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a problem with the pipes leading into my kitchen freezing. I need to be away for a few days and would like to turn off the water to the house and drain the lines. The problem is I have a gas hot water heater and turning it off and having to relight it scares the bejezus out of me! :( ...

Why is my NEW 30gal water heater turning the supply cold after little use? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced a 30gal water heater in a hair/nail salon shop with a GE(Rheem) 30gal from the Depot. I did nothing more than remove and replace the unit along with a new shut off valve that was located on the hot side. Let me explain the water heaters use per shop. The shop is two shops...

Turning off Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

How long can I have the water heater off and the water supply to the water heater off? I can't make repairs right away but I have a serious leak in the hot water faucet in the bathtub so I want to cut off the hot water.

View more questions Search