Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
    I'm just wondering. FOR GUYS
    In your opinion, do popular guys often like the really popular outgoing girls that like every guy in the grade has already dated, or do they often like the ones that are a little more out of the way, but sometimes just like them secretly because they are afraid if they talk to a less popular girl, it'll ruin their reputation or something or are just scared to? And do you think a lot of them like mysterious girls that they kind of have to chase or the ones that they can get easily?
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 28, 2009, 04:13 PM

Why do you want to know??
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 07:09 PM

Omg I am sick of these dating questions
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2009, 07:48 PM

LOL!

You know it depends! Punks like to date any girl!!!

Any girl stupid enough is for the bait!!
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 28, 2009, 08:08 PM

If the popular guy is immature or affected by what others think he will go with whoever his buddies say is hot, if that only includes the popular girls then that is who he will date.

It sounds like you are in middle school. Most kids aren't mature enough to make up their own minds about who to date at this age, everything has to be approved by their peer group. It's more difficult for a popular person to have a mind of there own at this age because they have a lot of people telling them to do this and that.

If the popular guy is well grounded and mature for his age, he will do what he likes. This comes from good upbringing and a lot of love in the family. Kids who don't have good parents will look for approval from their peers and are more likely to do what their friends say.

One thing is true of all boys, if you make the first move there is a 70% chance he will say yes. Boys are shy at this age, even the popular ones; and it makes it so much easier if there is no drama and the girl is direct and simply asks him out on a date, without his buddies around.

What's the worst that can happen, he will say no? Middle school kids go through boyfriends and girlfriends by the week or month, so what if he says no; move on to someone else. But he could say yes, and you would be thrilled; at least for a little while.

Good luck.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 28, 2009, 10:36 PM

Though, I agree with some of what the others wrote, I really don't.

We do not know any thing about this guy, nor what your deffinition of popular outgoing such and such is. So we know nothing for this. All the above are is comments or at very best assumptions based on generalizations. That's not who we are, that is who people who don't know us see. You see what I'm saying?

That is a very dangerous game to play at, making assumptions, for it often leads one astray. You know him, and yourself, the situation, and how the "cards" interact with one another. Trust, yourself, Love yourself, find yourself first. Because if you generalise yourself like any of the girls above, I question weather you know much of yourself at all? Those are more often and not maskes people wear to protect themselves, or to feel better, or simply to hid and so on.

Again, why do you want to know?

Peace and kindness be with you.
    confusedgirlplz Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 04:40 PM

I agree with TexasParent, if he is mature and brave, he will go with who he wants. If he isn't, he will go with who will make him popular.
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Jan 31, 2009, 03:05 PM

Lol I can't believe this hierarchy actually exists in schools. I thought this "popularity contest" stuff was just on TV.

I have only one point to make - Boycott this stupid order that these clowns have beset upon your school. Seriously... this popularity crap is such nonsense it is ridiculous.

What would aliens think if they compared a bunch of insecure high school kids, poncing around trying to look good with someone brilliant like Mozart, or Nikola Tesla?

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but damn I'm 16 and I see through these people - join the club and don't participate in their childish gimmicks.

Now I'm assuming you're not one of those popular girls - so realise that you're special!

Good looking girls are to a penny, decency is the only thing that lasts.

Take care,

-Xm8
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 1, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XM8 View Post
    lol I can't believe this heirarchy actually exists in schools. I thought this "popularity contest" stuff was just on TV.

I have only one point to make - Boycott this stupid order that these clowns have beset upon your school. Seriously... this popularity crap is such nonsense it is ridiculous.

What would aliens think if they compared a bunch of insecure high school kids, poncing around trying to look good with someone brilliant like Mozart, or Nikola Tesla?

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but damn I'm 16 and I see through these people - join the club and don't participate in their childish gimmicks.

Now I'm assuming you're not one of those popular girls - so realise that you're special!

Good looking girls are 2 a penny, decency is the only thing that lasts.

Take care,

-Xm8

Wow, then you must have been out of school for quite sometime then! ;)

Oh yeah, hierarchy exists in schools... lol a lot more then a lion pack!

Feb 1, 2009, 11:01 AM

The sad part is mostly what the hierarchy is based on.
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Feb 1, 2009, 01:17 PM

Wow, then you must have been out of school for quite sometime then!
    lol I wish I had been haha

the sad part is mostly what the hierarchy is based on.
    Well, I'm not a psychologist but I have a theory. I think these "popular" people have inferiority complexes. They make fun of other people and put them down to feel good. They insulate themselves with other "popular" people to feel like they're something special, as if they're elite or something of the likes.

When you look it, thinking outside of the box, it really looks pathetic. At the end of the day, those "popular" kids have nothing except their misery and they eat themselves alive.

Just think of them as victims i.e. their parents not giving them enough attention, or having been bullied in the past. However, whether they be victims or not, they are still spiteful and hurtful, so ignore them - that's what I would do in your place.

A real guy with a heart will give his heart to a girl that is special, not to a girl that is so common to find (like a good looking girl).

Guys who only go out with good looking girls are mostly air-heads. Don't get me wrong of course there are decent women who are good looking, but not all good looking women are decent.

Unfortunately the majority of both guys and girls tend to chose looks over sentiments - and that's what makes the ones who don't special.

Think wisely and take care,

-Xm8

Feb 2, 2009, 04:24 AM

Actually, its mostly about drugs, sex and alcohol, but I guess that stuff too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

I'm 16, shy, in an all girls school and wondering how to get guys to notice me? [ 3 Answers ]

Im in an all girls school and have been for all my life which makes it hard enough. Ive never dated, had my first kiss or been asked out. Im not bad looking at all, don't do to bad in school either and I can make anyone laugh. What's wrong? I am 15 turning 16 in a month and my birthday wish is for...

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

Just Wondering. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm just curious to know if anyone thinks my little issue is significant?Here goes... I have been off the pill for about 5 months... mayb a little less. However no sign of conceiving here! I'm kind of worried that mayb it could be due to having had an anorexic spell when I was younger...

View more questions Search