Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    espina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Just searching for info. On Witness Protection. If someone knew they were entering the Witness Protection Program, would they be allowed to let their parents know that they were leaving for a long time, but would be OK, or something along those lines? Or, would it be more like one day they were there and the next day they were gone never to be heard from again?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by espina
    Just searching for info. on Witness Protection. If someone knew they were entering the Witness Protection Program, would they be allowed to let their parents know that they were leaving for a long time, but would be OK, or something along those lines? Or, would it be more like one day they were there and the next day they were gone never to be heard from again?
    I believe you could tell your parents you were going into the witness protection program.

One reason being as you would probably have to come back in 6 months or so to testify, and plus, you do not want a missing persons report to be filed as well.

But, I am no expert on this.
    thatitalianguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 09:38 AM
    It's different in a lot of cases I think. Most of the time people do know you are in the program. But relocating and making a new life and leaving them behind is the worst part of it at all. You can return to them in some cases and go back to your original life.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Hello:

Sure, you can go back... But, if the reason you went in, is because somebody wants to do you dirty, what makes you (or the cops) think somebody'll forget?? I don't think people forget. Do you??

The truth is, the cops don't CARE if somebody didn't forget. Once you're out of the program, that means the government has used you all up, and doesn't NEED you any more, so they'll throw you to the wolves. Frankly, they'll be thrilled to hear that you met an unhappy end.

What?? You think cops are good guys?? That they want to PROTECT somebody because they're worried about HIM?? Bwa ha ha. They're worried about their CASE - NOTHING ELSE!! You're nothing but fodder - grist for their mill!

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Each case is different. There are various degrees of protection. They can range from a simple relocation to an whole new identity including a new face. It depends on who you are being protected from.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
    I worked in witseg. Wish I could tell you about it but I can't. I will tell you one thing though, don't tell anyone unles it is approved by the agent in charge.
    Essencemonaye Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Be careful and be prayerful. I think everycase is different. It sup to you. However, I would not want my family coming to see me if I was you. The people could follow them and find you. Pray. God will lead you in the right direction.
    iaminit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 04:47 PM
    hey the witness protection tem is not that good in the u.k check it out I have told a little story about me init that's y my name is iaminit I=am=in=it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
    I would advice you to delete your posts, your IP address can be traced by someone, If you are really in a program, you should not be telling anyone.

As Magprob, I had dealings with the program in the US, and normally it works fine until someone in it, give thierself away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Witness protection program [ 13 Answers ]

This is kind of a silly question, but I was just thinking... if you needed to go into witness protection, but you were in debt and had creditors after you, would the government pay the debt and/or forgive the debt? Because otherwise, the creditors would be trying to track you down, and that would...

Another Witness Protection Program question? [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks For The Help.

Auto accident with no witness or police report [ 2 Answers ]

I was parking my car at a busy gas station and hit a curb. The guy behind me said that I hit his car, but I said I didn't. None of the other customers witnessed anything, (it was full that day) and the police were not called. Am I liable for his "damages"?

Protection [ 4 Answers ]

Can I protect folders?

Best protection for SPY? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got a spy virus on our new computer. We were somehow able to "back-date" the computer, so it made it like it was when we first bought it, and now no more pop-up's... which is good. But sometimes we will try to go to a website and an error message will come up saying we...

View more questions Search