Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yresa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Sanskrit tattoo translation
    Hello, I have a teeny-tiny question!
    My brother passed away a few years ago, therefor I want to place a tattoo on the back of my neck in sanskrit saying:

a miracle lost but a smile never to be forgotten

does anyone know how to write this accurately in sanskrit?
    it would mean the world to me!
    thank you

Jan 28, 2009, 03:00 PM

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:12 PM

Hi, yresa!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words, names and phrases into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile, there are a couple of people that show up who really know their stuff about translating written names, words and sentences from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that are suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.

It's my understanding, that there is also a way to contact people on either site to get help.

Since you're wanting this information for something that's going to be placed permanently on your body, then I would suggest that you get more than one person's opinion as far as a translation is concerned in order to be sure.

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 03:13 PM

Hi Clough!

I will definitely post my question at that site as well! Thank you so much for you help!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:42 PM

You're welcome, yresa!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit Tattoo translation [ 17 Answers ]

I really want to get the following words in Sanskrit tattooed on my neck, I've been looking at websites to find the translations but there seem to be many Sanskrit words per English word. Can anyone help with the following: Protection Good Luck (or Good Fortune) True Love Family This is...

Sanskrit name translation for tattoo [ 11 Answers ]

I want to get the name "Kadi" tattooed on me in Sanskrit. It's pronounced "Kay-Dee." Can anyone help me with the translation?

Sanskrit tattoo Translation [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Savena, Pronounced Sa-Vee-Na I'm interested in getting a sanskrit tattoo of my name, and I desperately need help on knowing the translation too it, please if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sanskrit tattoo translation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Could someone translate this in sanskrit and post it in big font please. Its for a tattoo of my two kids. Thank you in advance. Life is beautiful/good Jonathan Thomas :confused:

Sanskrit translation for tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

I would be very happy if anyone could be so kind and help me translate this words into sanskrit for a tattoo for me and be husband Nina and heimo forever Many thanks in advance!! Yours Nina

View more questions Search