Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harold00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Should I sue
    Money was stolen from my trust fund and estimated amount of 40,000-60,000 should I sue?

Money was stolen from my trust fund a got a estimated amount of 119,639 my aunt pulled my funds early kicked me out bought me a house in 2002 that I didn't want! For about 40,000-45,000 I then got separate amounts between the years 2003-2006 each 10,000 a piece but keep in mind when my money was with drew its was a estimated amount of 119,639 dollars. So if I only seen 60,000 where did the rest of the money go. Should I thake legal action?

I forgot to tell you that am also owe taxes for my withdraw

Money was stolen from my trust fund. Let me explane this.

Trew the periods of 2002-2004 a estimate of over a 119,632 dollars was withdrawn from my acoount.

I was 18 at the time I am 24 now.

My aunt withdrew my trust fund left to me by my mothers passing.

My aunt withdrew the money under my social security # without my permission.

Rushed me out of her home and bought a house that I didn't want.

This was in 2002 I was 18.

The house was 40,000-45,000. At this time I am of legal age and should have been able too decide for myself what to do wit the money my mother left me.

Soon after I received 2 separate pays between 2003-2006 both 10,000 a piece.

So that adds up to around 60,000

But in 2002 my assest that where withdrew where a estimated amount of over 119,632.

I received this information just recent!

She keeps my mail piled in a junk drawer.

So I really have to press the issue about things.

I want justice.

I found out what my assests held by contacting the IRS.

I am in det because she withdrew my assests and I have to pay 10%.

She also withdrew my assests early and without my permission.

The house was 40,000-45,000

I personally received out of her hand between the years of 2002-2006 two lumps sume amount of 10,000.

So the sume total of what I got was only 60,000 dollars

Keep I mind I didn't want to buy a house she bought the house and that money was left to me from my mother and she passed away and left me stocks an trust.

I whould like too get justice I am supporting a family and she took money out of my account wile she still had time because I was 18 at the time she withdrew my assests a estimated amount of over 119,632 dollars.

Money was stolen from my trust fund. Let me explane this.

Trew the periods of 2002-2004 a estimate of over a 119,632 dollars was withdrawn from my acoount.

I was 18 at the time I am 24 now.

My aunt withdrew my trust fund left to me by my mothers passing.

My aunt withdrew the money under my social security # without my permission.

Rushed me out of her home and bought a house that I didn't want.

This was in 2002 I was 18.

The house was 40,000-45,000. At this time I am of legal age and should have been able too decide for myself what to do wit the money my mother left me.

Soon after I received 2 separate pays between 2003-2006 both 10,000 a piece.

So that adds up to around 60,000

But in 2002 my assest that where withdrew where a estimated amount of over 119,632.

I received this information just recent!

She keeps my mail piled in a junk drawer.

So I really have to press the issue about things.

I want justice.

I found out what my assests held by contacting the IRS.

I am in det because she withdrew my assests and I have to pay 10%.

She also withdrew my assests early and without my permission.

The house was 40,000-45,000

I personally received out of her hand between the years of 2002-2006 two lumps sume amount of 10,000.

So the sume total of what I got was only 60,000 dollars

Keep I mind I didn't want to buy a house she bought the house and that money was left to me from my mother and she passed away and left me stocks an trust.

I whould like too get justice I am supporting a family and she took money out of my account wile she still had time because I was 18 at the time she withdrew my assests a estimated amount of over 119,632 dollars
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 02:51 PM

Yes.

You should also report it to the legal authorities and have the thief charged with the crime.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

Yes, you should contact the authorities if you know who did this theft. This is grand theft and not something you would "sue" over. The person or persons need to go to jail and be ordered by the sentencing Judge to pay you restitution for the funds stolen from you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2009, 04:43 PM

Who is this person and how did he steal this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harold00 View Post
    money was stolen from my trust fund and estimated amount of 40,000-60,000 should i sue?

The person who stole the money should have been making (minimally) annual reports to the Court which supervised the trust fund as well as filing tax returns. What do those documents indicate about the money?

Some of what you consider "stolen" might be considered "supporting you" by the Courts.

What was the money used for? The trustee's personal gain?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2009, 07:23 AM

Comments on this post
    harold00 agrees: the perso stole the funds by pulling my funds when I was only 18 years old!

First, please don't use the comments feature for follow-up. Use the Answer This Question options.

But that really doesn't tell us enough to help you. You need to give us details. You may think it was a theft, and it may have been. But it may also have been money used for your benefit.

Was this person a trustee of the account? Do you know what the money was used for? Was there an accounting for the trust? When asked for more info, please answer all questions and provide any other info you think might help us help you.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Comments on this post
    harold00 agrees: the perso stole the funds by pulling my funds when i was only 18 years old!

First, please don't use the comments feature for followup. Use the Answer This Question options.

But that really doesn't tell us enough to help you. You need to give us details. You may think it was a theft, and it may have been. But it may also have been money used for your benefit.

Was this person a trustee of the account? Do you know what the money was used for? Was there an accounting for the trust? When asked for more info, please answer all questions and provide any other info you think might help us help you.

I forgot to mention that this is WAY over the Small Claims Court limit and will involve retaining counsel and all the related expenses of a trial.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 12:54 PM

A lot of issues since you may have waited too long for a law suit depending on where you live.

Why did you not do something the yeat it happened.

Also how were they able to get the money, they can not get the money unless their name was also on the account.
    Did they steal the money? Call the police, if they legally got the money because they were allowed to, it may be more of a issue of not using the money they way you want.

More info is needed about this
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 03:48 PM

Harold00 - just wondering - were you a minor at the time of your mother's passing, so perhaps your aunt was set up as the trustee of your trust fund until you became of age? If so - as trustee your aunt has a fiduciary responsibility to protect your trust fund and use it exclusively for your benefit. She should be able to document and justify every transaction. You mention $40K for a house plus another $60K in withdrawals that you received, so it's unclear whether any of it is truly missing. There were probably also taxes that had to be paid during that time. I suggest that if your aunt can't (or won't) explain all the transactions that have occurred, or how the trust fund was used to your benefit, then consier contacting an attorney.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 04:31 PM

Please STOP, starting new threads on the same subject, merely answer and add info.

I have merged the many posts that you have made.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 04:54 PM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    harold00 agrees: THANKS AND I ONLY RECIVED 60,000 DOLLARS TOTAL OUT OF HER HAND PERSONALLY AND WAS OF AGE AND SHE WONT TALK AND HIDEING MAIL IHAVE TO PAY TAX TODAY I ONLY SEEN 60,000 INCULDING THE HOUSE THERE WAS 119,632+ .[/QUOTE]

Harold - you were put on notice this AM that this is most definitely NOT a message board. You are asked questions which you haven't bothered to answer.

You have given our "agrees" and "diagrees" based on abolutely nothing.

I have asked that this thread be closed because you are simply unable or unwilling to answer some very simple questions and prefer to rant (which typing in caps is) and post your personal blog.
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 05:18 PM

Thread closed,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search