Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leighton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2006, 01:59 AM
    Noise when flushing toilet and when running water
    I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator.. What is a regulator?
    Many thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 6, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighton
    I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator..? What is a regulator?
    Many thanks!
    Are you referring to a pressure regulator that installs on a water service line and controls the pressure that enters the house? A pressure regulator is located just inside the house on the house supply. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet burps after flushing? [ 2 Answers ]

After the toilet in the basement has been flushed it burps air like there is an air pocket stuck and it can't realease until it has been refiled?

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

Noise in bathtub when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past five flushes, when I flush my toilet, I hear noises coming from my bathtup drain. The bathtup is next to the toilet. It sounds like water is being drained from the bathtub pipe. What would cause this?

Toilet not flushing [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet has stopped flushing. The water is in the cistern and if I push the ball down the water fills up. It feels like there s no pressure when I push the handle. I have no plumbing knowledge at all so could you tel me what is causing this and how I can fix it without calling a plumber if...

Toilet running and water surges [ 1 Answers ]

I know absolutely nothing about plumbing, but I am trying to figure out why my toilet keeps having water surges about every 30 seconds. It makes a surging noise like water is coming in, and when I check it, the water is rippling. Before this the water constantly ran in the tank, and I adjusted...

View more questions Search