Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josephclarke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Aids possible cure method
    I reacently talked to my son who is taking health class for school. Him and I think we may have found a way to treat HIV. The reason HIV can't be treated is because it hides in the cell and it can't be fought by antibodies unless they kill the cell. We realized that if scientists could remove the DNA from a virus and fill it with antibiotics and inject people with it then the virus shell would attach to the cells and release the antibiotics into the cell. That way when HIV tried to enter the cells and hide out in them the antibiotics in the cell could fight them off. Please tell us if we are right. You can reach me at my e-mail EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY. Any conclusions would be helpful.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Firstly, HIV is a virus, and a virus cannot be killed by antibiotics. It is bacteria that is killed by antibiotics.

Secondly, it is not advisable to post your email address on a global website, you don't know what nuts and stalkers are hanging out.
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 07:19 PM
    AIDS is caused by a virus called HIV, the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. If you get infected with HIV, your body will try to fight the infection. It will make "antibodies," special molecules to fight HIV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About aids [ 4 Answers ]

I did everything with my girl friend except oral sex .can we get aids?

How can you get aids? [ 2 Answers ]

I always thought you could only get aids from blood, dirty needles, having sex or if a mother has it and passes it to her unborn baby but my biology teacher is trying to tell us that you can get it from sweat, kissing (saliva). My health teacher from a few years a go said you couldn't get it from...

Aids [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: dear sir/madam, I just want to know that how is AIDS mainly transmitted during sexual contact if the person is using condom. And after how much time do the symptoms of AIDS show up after the virus has entered your body.

Do you know someone with HIV and AIDS [ 6 Answers ]

I have a long timed friend that had contacted the disease either through his fast acting, life of the party, and being just plain pretty and too many people wanted him in all the ways loose. I noticed women given him an eye because he could cook and draw and carries a nice package. Lately, I have...

View more questions Search