Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southsound Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Marketing an Office Cleaning Company
    Hi,
    I just recently started my own cleaning company. My focus is on commercial properties so I can stay home with my 2 year old during the day.
    I am up and running finally! I have my license, bond, insurance, website, cards, bid sheets, now all I need is a few clients! :)

What is the best way to market a cleaning business?

I would be so grateful for any tips or ideas that you might have!

Thanks for looking!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 03:12 PM

I will offer a few suggestions here, although I will notify one of our members and an expert in marketing and advertising his name is Clough and I am sure that he can help further;

You need to put together a brochure (flyer) that BRIEFLY states what you do. Please keep it simple and to the point, listing a phone number that will be answered by a live person when they call. I have found that the best approach in putting together this brochure is to ask a simple question right off the bat. Possibly; "Are you paying too much for your cleaning service and are you getting the service that you are paying for?" You can pick your targeted clients by a geographical or market area. Attach a business card to the brochure.

Secondly and in my humble opinion, you need to spend a lot of time knocking on doors (period). Never stop prospecting for leads, ever. You can get a lot of names and phone numbers (and email addresses) of the correct person to contact later... when you stop at a building to make a call simply ask who you would speak with that 'contract' for their nightly janitorial service, too many times this follow up does not happen and it is a shame as this direct line is your blood line to new business.

Then call and at first try not to leave a voice mail, try to get this person on the phone, if after several times then I would leave one but keep it simple... tell them who you are and your company and phone number, that you service this area and (possibly) that you can help them save money for this service along with maintaining the high standards they expect.

Third; Network, network, network.... join your local Chamber of Commerce, local networking groups (you can find them in the newspaper or your phone book), they meet weekly or monthly. TELL everyone you meet what you do and ask them for their business or someone that they know that may need your service. You may want to consider offering 10% of the first month's billing to someone who gave you a lead... that became a sale.

Fourth and certainly not in this order (fourth) on-line advertising which Clough, I am sure he will be gladly willing to share his expertise with you. This is also vital to new business... and on going business.

I wish you good luck and a lot of hard work, it pays off...

If I may assist further please let me know.

If I helped in some way please rate my answer.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:34 PM

Hi, southsound!

Stringer has summoned me to your post. He has given you excellent advice above! He really knows his stuff!

It looks like you've already gotten things in place for a lot of the things that you need to do.

You can be exposed on the Internet without it costing you anything, in such a way so that you'll actually be more prominent than your competition when people do searches for what you do where you do it.

If you would like further assistance with marketing, please let me know. I would love to help you to market yourself on the Internet!

I'm usually on here fairly late in the evening, like after the hours of 9:00 or 10:00 for my location.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marketing my own cleaning business [ 6 Answers ]

How would I market my cleaning business

How do I get a office cleaning license [ 8 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)

Office cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, How much is suppose to be the daily charge for an medical office with 15 examination rooms,5 bathrooms,10 private offices,5 specialexamination rooms,staff room with kitchen,storage,reception area,waiting area,approximately 6000 sq,f

Office cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have residential and commercial cleaning service and carpet cleaning service 1 years and 6 months,I want to start now office cleaning,but how,I don't have any idea,please help me

Office Cleaning Quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing my proposal for Office Cleaning. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much to charge per sq ft for a 4000sq ft, 800 sq ft, and 6500 sq ft medical offices. They supply the products and equipment. I just have to do the general Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal. It's 5 days...

View more questions Search