Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javier99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Access my files on a computer I don't have physical access to
    Goal: I want to get some files off computerX.

Challenge: I do not have physical access to computerX.

Info and Access I do have:

* computerX is WindowsXP (media edition, I believe)

* computerX is connected to a Linksys WRT150N

* remote administration is set, I can access the router pages remotely

* I can connect to the wireless network

* computerX has some sort of network file sharing enabled... I know this because
    It has a shared folder on it's desktop that both it and computerY can access. ComputerY
    Is on the same network, and is WindowsXP Home. I do not have physical access
    To computerY.

Is there anything I can do to somehow connect to computerX and get the
    Files? I'd prefer to use my Powerbook to connect, but I can use a PC if
    Necessary. I do not want computerX to show any super-obvious signs that this
    Is happening.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 10:51 AM

If I'm reading this correctly---you're asking how to hack into someone else's computer and take a file without their knowledge?

Wouldn't that fall into "Illegal"?
    javier99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly---you're asking how to hack into someone else's computer and take a file without their knowledge?

Wouldn't that fall into "Illegal"?
    You make it sound so sordid. ;)

I said it was a long story, but in a nutshell: kind of. I own the computer, and
    I own the files, and can prove both things.

I just don't have physical access.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2009, 03:19 PM
    We here at AMHD cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of AMHD that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site's TOS

>Question Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Employee access to their personnel files [ 9 Answers ]

Can an employer refuse or restrict access to an employee's personnel file? i.e.. Refuse copies of documents w/in that file.

Access Backup Files (.dat) [ 4 Answers ]

I have received a .dat backup copy of an Access Database, how can I open this and use it?

Can't access external after loading mp3 files on [ 1 Answers ]

Having trouble with external . Can't access hardrive after loading mp3 files on. Does anyone know what to do?

Access is denied AND losing files [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new IDE HD on my Windosws SP2 machine. Twice now, the folder that I was loading video files into disappeared! I ran a search for the video files, and windows could not find them. The last time I found the empty folder in another folder. Does this indicate a problem with the...

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

View more questions Search