Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Suspicious husband
    I have been married for 14 years with 2 boys below the age of 10. My husband has been supecting me since the beginning. He used to physically abuse until last year. I had left him for a year but came back again. I have done this many times in the past. Since I came back this time, he has not hit me, but has again stated suspecting me. He thinks I am sleeping with other men, he never specifies anyone. Over the years, I have lost respect for him. At time I feel I hate him, but at times I feel I still love him. When I am angry with him, I feel I can live without him. But when I am away, I miss him. I have lost my libido, and hence am not interested in sex anymore. This makes him more annoyed. But, when he accuses me, I feel very humiliated and let down. He had promised to see a doctor, but keeps making excuses about going. What should I do? Why does he suspect me? Will he ever stop? It is making my life miserable.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 10:37 AM

no. he's never going to stop. And you keep letting this go on because you keep coming back. Ever heard the saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? You have to see his pattern. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until the physical abuse starts again. And you don't deserve that, no one does. This will never end until you decide to end it. Most likely by you leaving-for good! By the way, your little boys are probably learning to be just like him and will most likely repeat the cycle of violence and abuse unless you do something to intervene. Most children learn by example.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 12:07 PM

Unless he is willing to break the cycle of abuse and get the professional counseling he needs your only choice is to leave and never look back. Abuse of any sort in never acceptable in any relationship. NEVER!
    Get out NOW with your children while you are still alive to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspicious husband [ 8 Answers ]

I have been married for 26 years, 3 kids grown. My problem is that my husband has always been very jealous of other men to the point that I don't talk to other men unless it is absolutely necessary. It is a genetic thing I think because his father was the same and ended up in a psychiatric...

Am I a suspicious wife [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 16 yrs. Had a love m'ge he still loves me a lot & ia very possessive of me.but he is in a habit of seeking female attention always some way or the other. He makes female friends either online or at work and then talks to them in such a caring way that they...

Suspicious husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband read some of my messages that I had sent a friend. The messages were ambiguos so now he thinks I am having an affair and has stopped talking to me even though I have told him a million times that the messages were meant for a friend . He hasn't been speaking to me since two weeks and has...

Suspicious vet care [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first time posting to this particular forum. I don't know if there are any veterinarians out there, but I have a couple of questions that are really bothering me. In November of 2005, my 12 year old Collie / Shepherd mix suddenly appeared very bloated, and felt hard. I took him...

View more questions Search