Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rupesh_kesarkar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Which Digital Camera is better in terms of Lens Quality
    Dear All,
    I am planning to purchase a digital camera for my personal use. Can U recommend me which Camera is better in terms of the Lens Quality. My budget is around 200 Us$.

Immediate reply would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rupesh
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Jan 28, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rupesh_kesarkar View Post
    Dear All,
    I am planning to purchase a digital camera for my personal use. Can U recommend me which Camera is better in terms of the Lens Quality. My budget is around 200 Us$.

Immediate reply would be appreciated.

Thanx,
    Rupesh
    Most cameras in the ~$200 price range have similar lens quality. Some may be better than others for a particular purpose, but worse if you were using them for some other purpose - e.g. some may be better for landscapes, others may be better for sports, others better for low light. What type of photos will you be shooting most often?
    Jetranger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 03:28 PM

First, are you talking about a DSLR or a P&S? Since you mention the lens you are probably looking at a DSLR. I have been shooting for over 25 years and I find that Nikon lenses are by far the best quality. The bodies themselves between manufacturers are personal taste. I find the Nikon have the most flexibility, best IQ, and the quality is second to none.

I have a lot of money invested, and I have never regretting buying the best.
    photogirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 02:45 PM
    I love my small Panasonic DMC-TZ4 Lumix with a Leica lens. You can look at my photos on You Tube: ozag
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 03:32 PM

I have the Nikon CoolPix L15 got it for about $120 about a year ago for my wife who wanted a point and shoot and is phenomenal.
    I have been a Canon person my whole life, but after a lot of research and hands on comparing them in the store I purchased the Nikon D60 and was very disappointed with the Canon, the Canon zoom lens felt so cheesy and cheap in hand, the mechanism felt very loose and sloppy compared to the Nikon and it was more expensive, it was a no brainer and the pics are out of this world... Lot of it is personal preference, under $200 there isn't much difference, but my money is on Nikon..
    Bill
    photogirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 07:05 PM

I have been shooting with a very nice Nikon CoolPix 2000. Look on DP review for a sample of photographs shot with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minolta MAXXUM 7000 film camera lens do the fit any of todays' digital cameras [ 3 Answers ]

I have a old Minolta Maxxum 7000 film camera and several lens. Do these lens fit any of today's digital camera's. I'm no longer a film buff and need my loom lens for a repeated work function... but not often enough to spend more then a $1500 for just the lens. Thank-you

Fix lens on soni sure shot camera [ 2 Answers ]

I have a soni sure shot camera and the lens is stuck. When I turn the camera on the lens stays in the closed position. How do I fix this?

I need to be educated on Nikon Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

I own a Nikon D40X and was wondering if someone could educate me I have a Nikon 55-200mm lens. What do the numbers actually mean? I am new to the SLR scene and want to learn all I can. If anyone knows a website that can better help me please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help

Recommend good phones with a swiveling camera lens [ 1 Answers ]

Please, could anybody recommend a good cellphone that has a swiveling camera lens? I'd like it to be more on the small side... Not too large. But, please show all the cellphones you know of. I can't find many. :) I suppose not totally just swiveling camera lens... But what I want is just for...

Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

Which is sharper, a fixed length focal lens or a zoom lens?

View more questions Search