Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glendainskeep Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Divorice and children
    Is it againsy Ca law to take your kids on a trip out of the state without telling husband? My daughter is thinking about divorice but hasn't started the proceedings yet?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2006, 08:45 PM
    If the couple in question is still together and raising the kids then probably not as the legal presumption would be that both parents knowingly consented for their children to travel out-of-state. However, if your daughter is planning on taking her kids out of the state and not bringing them back, then filing for divorce from their father he could possibly charge her with kidnapping and make things very difficult for her legally. This could subsequently be used against your daughter to deny custody or visitation. If she does decide to file for divorce advise her to do everything "by the book", 100% legal. That way her husband won't have a leg to stand on if he tries to deny her custody or visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Divorice [ 2 Answers ]

I Left My Husband A Year Ago And Want A Divorice. I Lost My Job And We Own Our Home, He Lives There And I Am In An Apartment. What Can I Do To Have Rights To Our Home After The Divorice?

Divorice question [ 11 Answers ]

My 21 year old daughter is trying to get a divorice, however her soon to be ex- spouce is no where to be found. We were told that we could post an personal add the paper and if he don't respond within a certain amount of time her divorice would be granted. The problem is that we don't know how to...

View more questions Search