Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 07:57 PM
    New crown, new bite, aching teeth
    A month ago, my teeth felt completely fine. Then, because my dentist recommended it, I let him pull out an old filling and give me a temporary crown. (He said,"Better tow years too soon than two minute too late.") The molar stopped aching from all the work after a week, but the top and bottom premolars on that side started to ached and became very sensitive and nervy. I figured he altered my bite. I stopped chewing on that side and it got a little better.

Today, he put in the crown, I told him about the premolars and he said not to worry, would probably subside. I came home chewed some soft rice on that side (not thinking) and then realized I must have been still a little numb, because when it wore off the pain was pretty bad. I can't eat anything cold or hot, can't chew. All the teeth on that side of my mouth are tender, like I'm having orthodontia, even my incisors. And the two premolars are easily 8s on a scale of 0-10, throbbing constantly. I ate mashed potatoes for dinner. The other side is fine.

I like this dentist and he says he'll see me tomorrow.

But any advice? Is this fixable? I'm afraid I'll need a root canal on one of these premolars. It has a history of acting up, though it's been fine for 5 or 10 years.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 04:47 AM

asking,

The dentist should take an x-ray of these teeth to be sure there is no pathology at the tip of the roots. If there is, then yes a root canal will be in order.
    He may just have to spend a little more time adjusting the bite and perhaps take one of the teeth out of occlusion so you aren't irritating it when you chew but he really has to figure out which one is the culprit.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aching teeth 7 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

Hey there, I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have a very sore jaw and teeth - not sure if this is related but has anyone else had this when being pregnant? Any advice would be great.

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Aching buttocks and legs [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Im wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong with me. I've been to two doctors and they are baffled. This started last year and has now becoming more frequent, I've had about 4 episodes in the last 5 weeks. It's a feeling that just comes on without warning when I'm walking or standing. I...

Help my crown caused my teeth to Shift! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a root canal about a year ago. I just noticed that it made my teeth shift. I thought it was too tight before but it was the second time I had it done because the first one cracked and had enough of the dentist. I didn't realize it would cause this. Does anyone know if my Dentist...

View more questions Search