Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbnagle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Noise in water line
    I just installed a new pressure reducer in my house.
    Now there is a hum or low whistle whenever I flush the toilet or draw water in the bathtub. I have two toilets and it happens with both. Prior to replacing the valve the water pressure was excessive and caused the toilets to rum constantly.
    Can you help?
    Thanks
    Bob
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Hi Bob,

Try this. Turn on the tub faucet and start the hum. Now start adjusting the screw on top of the regulator until the hum stops. Let me know how you make out. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Water line makes Knocking noise [ 3 Answers ]

Every time one of our toilets if flushed, the water line makes a knocking noise.  It never use to do that until we replaced the flapper and flushing valve.  Does anyone know what this might be?  It's very loud! ::)

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

Refrigerator water line noise [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is 5 years old and about a month ago the refrigerator water line started banging between the wall and the refrigerator. It is very loud and you can watch the line jump. It happens about when water is turned off in the house, either the sink, toilet or washer. It only happens about 20%...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search